Whats your biggest peeve that people do when it comes to car audio?

saw a guy once who heard my car one time, this was his story. "i got 2 12s in mah blazerrrrr" look at it.. and they are miss matched subs (a pioneer walmart sub and some lightning audio sub) in a shallow sealed box, not even screwed down, all mids and highs were wired together off of one amp.

Exersig.jpg

smd5.png

Well according to an installer at best buy, it is absolutely impossible to bridge down two 4 ohm SVC subs to 2 ohms.

I'm not saying i am an expert by any means or that best buy has the best car audio im just stating a fact and everyone who knows car audio knows that you CAN some people just look at the computer and do what it says we used to have an installer like that he messed everything up haha could barely do a deck install on anything with a bypass

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

After reading his post again, I think he was focusing on the fact that people ask him if he carries Fi subs, not so much that they said it wrong. I'm 99% sure it's pronounced "Fi". I think his several pronunciations were to emphasize how little the peeps knew about the speakers they're talking about

there was a big ass thread about this over on a different forum, pheye as in high-fidelity, i believe

back to the thread,

when people tell you you have shitty equipment just because they havent heard of mach 5 or audioque

I'm not saying i am an expert by any means or that best buy has the best car audio im just stating a fact and everyone who knows car audio knows that you CAN some people just look at the computer and do what it says we used to have an installer like that he messed everything up haha could barely do a deck install on anything with a bypass

I'm not bashing Best Buy. lol. I just thought that guy was funny. I've heard that someone got their h/u installed and the installer apparenty didn't know what butt connectors were so he just twisted the wires together and wrapped them in electrical tape. idk if it's true or not.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

That is a cool ass tattoo in your avatar.

thanks man, i get nothing but compliments on it

:aggressive: My doors better beat down when I finish my set-up..

haha

now ive heard plenty of single cabs that beat, but you cant compare it to the sound of, for example a suv

haha well fuck i work at best buy and i see that shit all day everyday and no one else there understands that none of that shit is right hahaha

i HATE about 60% of the customers that come in the shop i work at.... you get alot of good stories and humor at their stupidity, but still, i hate them....

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

im the same way, i start off wit a good deck, n then decent coax's n then get a good 4 or 2 ch mids n highs amp, n then some subs n sub amp, n then comps n a bigger 2ch or 4ch n then extra battery n bigger wire

i hate ppl that because there factory speakers have decent midbass dont make em subs, i had some guy pull up next to me wit his factory shit blareing all distorted n shit n i was wit my wife n she was pregnet, if she wasnt ied of showed him what sound is susposto sound like

im more into a even balance of bass n mids n highs, vs loud ass bass n all u hear is tweets churpin like hell

every system ive ran has had mids n highs to back up the bass, haha i even had a 400w 4ch bridged to 2 tweets, i was hella noob back then but it worked for a while n then no more tweet lol, they was those cheap $10 tweets u can get at some local shops n on ebay, but got loud as shit

now that i found smd shit has changed big time lol

smd ftw, glad ppl on here kno some shit, i hate talkin to hella noobs bout audio related stuff in general

i been playin around with it for 10yrs now n im still learning new things everyday, u can never kno to much about this hobbie

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I'm not bashing Best Buy. lol. I just thought that guy was funny. I've heard that someone got their h/u installed and the installer apparenty didn't know what butt connectors were so he just twisted the wires together and wrapped them in electrical tape. idk if it's true or not.

we had a joke about circut city (which may have been true)... it was that they used those smart harnesses because they didnt know how to wire up a head unit.......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

haha its cool ya we had installer that acually did that to soberbills alarm haha i wont say any names but he has since stepped down from an installer realizing that he was not fit for the job

X2 I've seen this a lot recently too

ya but its been blizzarding here so i really have nothing else to do

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

Archived