Second Skin Audio

DC CAVALIER..Here is yo box homie!

sorry i couldnt help, looks like u have something working for ya

if u are going to kerf those two parts u should just do all three, no sense in have the port wall be like that

if you move the dowel rod from side to side forward a little bit u wont need the second dowel rod in the port

ideally you dont want anything in the port if u dont have to, ive found doubling the walls on each side provides greater strength than the dowels in the port and it creates less turbulence

Wouldn't kerfing the back port piece change the tuning quite a bit so if have to get the enclosure completely redesigned but I think that would be a great idea

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Hey dont mean to but in on this one...but i could be wrong....

Dont you with expo's "new" Calc, when using a wall for a side of the port have to use the height as how far from the side it is?

If you swap the height and width of the port the tuning comes out to 38sh hz.

Edited by tristan560

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

"when doing a slot port...just check the slot port box in the program and it will automatically figure in half of the port height for you into the tuning make sure to use *port height* as the distance from the port wall to the box wall."

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

driver displacment is .21cuft

bracing is ~.1cuft

so thats .31cuft which changes tuning even more

i would like to know why andym85's box calc and exposports have such different results

with the same box calc ive always used since day one, with the info gotlungz is using i got

[email protected]

should be more like 4.5@34

i dont think thats what u wanted dccavalier

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Yeah same here...im sick of getting mixed results and never knowing exactly what my boxes end up truly being. Everything i use i come up with a different result....i was hoping id get you in here decaf. So you use andy's?

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

Yeah same here...im sick of getting mixed results and never knowing exactly what my boxes end up truly being. Everything i use i come up with a different result....i was hoping id get you in here decaf. So you use andy's?

absolutely because i can view his math in each cell, so i dont have to question anything like in expo's (no offense)... i simply look to see if his math was correct

basically all andy did was put the "pencil and paper method" in excel so its faster

TeamSundown-sig.jpg