Sonic Electronix

Port Wars  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would anyone like to see these 10k + system's port spl?

• yes
    • would be the shit
    • awesome
    • no
    • who cares

just out of curiosity I would like to see more scores on the TL in the port ( center and 6 inches in ) just to see how much pressure is leaving the chamber.

it would be fun for sure .

but beware those damn t-line boxes can hit 170 + with the right design and correct power :) .

anyways should we do a video section for these we see hair tricks all day long.

but lets see tl port numbers for once !

tommyk does 160s in his port with 1 10" dd9510 on 2500w

it doesnt take a big system to do high numbers in the port, its the design

and most of the time a super high spl inside the port can mean not so good numbers on the dash where the actual score matters...

from what i understand the highest powered 180db+ vehicles have almost the same pressure in their 6th order bandpass ports as they meter on the dash

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

it really doesnt matter when it comes to port metering like you said its all in the design. but i just think it would be something a little different for EVERYONE to give it a shot and post video's or numbers . not everyone can afford a 10 or 20k system but for smaller vehicles and cars it would be the perfect ideal for some to say damn my port did 160 + dbzzzz .

it was just an ideal and i see some have agreed and 1 didnt lol .

it really doesnt matter when it comes to port metering like you said its all in the design. but i just think it would be something a little different for EVERYONE to give it a shot and post video's or numbers . not everyone can afford a 10 or 20k system but for smaller vehicles and cars it would be the perfect ideal for some to say damn my port did 160 + dbzzzz .

it was just an ideal and i see some have agreed and 1 didnt lol .

http://caraudioevents.com/Event%20Results/...fit_12_6_09.htm

super port wars 170.8 db

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Audiocontrol Epicenter indash

All Rockford 1/0 & every cable in there

Jl audio xd 600/6

Rockford Fosgates Mids & highs

Built By Audiotistics!

170.8 is not a high number in portwars for the guys that have a port wars box imo. but that score would be great in any daily box though imo.

this just made me want to do portwars with my truck and my sundown e8

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

170.8 is not a high number in portwars for the guys that have a port wars box imo. but that score would be great in any daily box though imo.

this just made me want to do portwars with my truck and my sundown e8

Bills

that box was not made for port wars once there he just tried it out to see wat he would hit and dats wat he got

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Audiocontrol Epicenter indash

All Rockford 1/0 & every cable in there

Jl audio xd 600/6

Rockford Fosgates Mids & highs

Built By Audiotistics!

like i said, that number would be great for a daily box, i stated both statements because i did not know what kind of setup it was.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

My hard drive died with all my pics, so I have no proof :(

I did a 161+ in the port with a type-x 12 and a hifonics 2006d @ 2 ohms. It only did 140.x at the dash sealed up, but it was a small external-ish port. Then with 4 18s and 10kw I was only a db or 2 higher in the port. I just never really meter in the port.

I no longer have either system though, so no pics or vids. I'm up for new pics/vids once the new setup is in.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived