Sonic Electronix

On a 50hz sine tone 0db @ 28/30 volume

3/4 gain

0+db boost

70hz LPF

I'm hitting a little below 40.00v and my rated voltage on my amp for 400RMS is 28.28 obviously so I'm 11volts over (hence clipping) the weird thing is I hear no clipping but I'm sure the is atleast SOME minimal clipping so if I run it like this but I turn my volume down to 24/30 I usually lose about 5v so lets say if I run 50hz sine 0db @ 24/30 volume im @ 35v or so, now MOST songs arent 0dB or 50hz so if I dont do tones @ 24-26volume I should should be about in my range or 28-30v so I should be fine right?

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

4 x Infinity Reference 250RMS

1 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coils D1

1 x Alpine MRP-450

Vented .50MDF tuned @ 40hz

On a 50hz sine tone 0db @ 28/30 volume

3/4 gain

0+db boost

70hz LPF

I'm hitting a little below 40.00v and my rated voltage on my amp for 400RMS is 28.28 obviously so I'm 11volts over (hence clipping) the weird thing is I hear no clipping but I'm sure the is atleast SOME minimal clipping so if I run it like this but I turn my volume down to 24/30 I usually lose about 5v so lets say if I run 50hz sine 0db @ 24/30 volume im @ 35v or so, now MOST songs arent 0dB or 50hz so if I dont do tones @ 24-26volume I should should be about in my range or 28-30v so I should be fine right?

By the way I will only be running it like this for amonth until I get my 1600RMS amplifier I'm going to run that @ 800RMS voltage since tahts what my Fi SSD 15" is rated for.

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

cool dude and you're not being a total dick yourself eh? its not the same damn question... why dont you actually read it and help me out I apoligized for before..

its actually a very valid question... and if I'm not mestakin I think what I'm doing is fine I just want to know if it's... im right in assuming that 50hz tone tests @ 0db are a lot louder than most mainstream rap music right? thats all i want to know without the assholes

Edited by Cigarz

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

I'm not being a dick, but you were told in the other threads what it was and what to do. Don't change names and ask similar questions..just ask under the same name. It's your amp and your box. Fix that and your 'question' will be not longer needed. Don't run at 40v..like said before.

Edit: I mean create another account...

Edited by sayhuh?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I don't know exactly what you are asking... But it's only a 400 rms amp, you can't really expect that much out of the sub with that. And since the sub is rated at 800 RMS (more if it's fully loaded) I wouldn't be scared about sending it a little bit of clipped signals, I wouldn't send it horribly clipped signals though. I ran 2 10" L5s on a zx300.1, and the amp was clipping horribly, I never damaged the subs for the 2 (maybe a little less) years I had them.

This is directly off this site http://www.bcae1.com/

- If your speakers are capable of handling significantly more than your amplifier can produce, driving them with a clipped signal will not likely hurt them.

- If the speakers can handle 3 or 4 times the power that your amplifier can produce, there's virtually no way to damage your speakers (no matter how clipped the signal is).

Go to the site, look at the right of the web-page, scroll down till you see "Too Little Power" and read that page.

(That site was posted on here before, but I cannot remember who did post it)

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz