Wanted: Tips on making a perfect cut-out.

mikey634

Cutting soething out with a jigsaw perfectly straight is not hard at all....like someone said cutless sand more and use a belt sander to perfect it.

I know it can be easy b/c I cut this out completely with a jigsaw...

Hmm how did you transfer the shape to MDF? Trace onto paper / carboard or something and then to MDF? That's pretty good :D I know its not as easy as you make it look :(

Damn kind of spooky when I google 'carquest' and it comes up with a map to a local store and everything.... Big Brother's watching man....

Thanks for the tip ;)

No problemo man :)

Hmm how did you transfer the shape to MDF? Trace onto paper / carboard or something and then to MDF? That's pretty good :D I know its not as easy as you make it look :(

For this tip,read my edited post..makes for a perfect fit.In the meantime,im outta here!G/L man,post your results!

I almost forgot...dont use that cheap Duck brand /blue tape either...bad news...use 3M

• 2 weeks later...
Cutting soething out with a jigsaw perfectly straight is not hard at all....like someone said cutless sand more and use a belt sander to perfect it.

I know it can be easy b/c I cut this out completely with a jigsaw...

EBAYSUB011.jpg

EBAYSUB005.jpg

EBAYSUB002.jpg

That came out clean!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

when cutting with a jigsaw, TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!! go real slow , like someone else said, let the saw cut the wood, don't really have to push to much on it. my opinion is to look 2-3 inches if possible in front of the blade on the line you are cutting if it is straight. this will take the squiggles out of your cut, because your not constanly turning the saw to stay on the line. just my 2 cents.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Archived