ExpoSports box tuning calculator - want some input

not sure if i shoulda just bumped my whole thread or not to ask some questions...so if this needs to be merged then my bad! figured the title would be more clear this way so i can get some input.

but i'm gettin verrrry close to getting finished with my calculator *finally*. but...there's a couple things i wanna do and i'm not sure which way would be the best way to do it (if at all)

first thing is i want to display the formula and the variables being used in the formula. i think andy has it in his (thanks andy :D) but there's two ways i can do it. i can do it the hard to read, easy way:

CalculatorFormula2.jpg

the long bar at the bottom. i'd add text boxes with the same variables and label them, then you could locate them in the formula to see what's what (Vb, Av, Lv, like in the real formula, or just label them port length, port area, etc)

OR, i would have to move some things around and make it bigger, but put something like this:

CalculatorFormula.jpg

easier to read to see what's what. the variable text boxes would be color coded most likely, or have a label to em with a little key underneath so you know what number is what. but the program window would have to be a little taller to fit it that way and need some more arrangement.

secondly...i've tried getting it to where you dont need a regular calculator open at the same time as mine. should figure in everything you'd need. BUT...if there is a time when you need a calculator, should i go through the trouble in adding one onto the side of this? it'd be to the right of the output boxes. and probably only have add, subtract, multiply, divide, square root, square, and cube. maybe a couple other functions if i can think of any needed. so it'd be a very very basic calculator to do very very basic things. i think i only used the basic functions when i needed it anyways. figuring like port area per foot. just to basically keep down the number of windows being open.

and lastly, i have a way to figure volume with a box that has 2 different depths. which would look like this:

depthbox-1.jpg

but how much more useful would it be to use a box with 2 different heights if you have 2 different depths? like this:

depthbox2-1.jpg

i think i may go ahead and do the second height textbox. just because. and depending on how debugging goes, and how the formula displays on some different machines may determine how i do that part. but i just wanna get some input as well :)

last 2 pics no worky

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

last 2 pics no worky

thanks :) photobucket was bein stupid and i had replica pics uploaded. thought i deleted the right 2. one of the pics still worked on my pc lol

id say the second option as far as the formula goes, and i just noticed you added the port sides part, thanks! :D haha

:) np! and thanks

common port walls is how many box walls are used as walls of the port. 1, 2, or 3. i may reword it a little if it'll make it easier to understand. i can see common port walls being deceiving. and yes, 2 or more baffles. you can have a set height, or depth depending on how you set your subs. sub up check box are subs up. and unchecked are subs back/forward. with the set dimension, you can add baffles and it'll take out the appropriate displacement.

EDIT: i'm going to include a FAQ/tip guide type thing with it. probably going to upload it as a zipped file. i wanna incorporate it into the program itself, but i dont know if there's a good enough way to do that. or if there is, i dont know how. so i may just put it in notepad

Archived