Bondo help please

• 2 weeks later...
Hey if i go and start doing some bondo work do i need to mix it hotter like fiberglass or will it harden at the same time in the the cold.

Thanks,

Josh

Bondo and fiberglass will no dry properly in cold weather. I know because did this in cold and take way longer to dry when it warm and hot. You might want to do when it warm or do it indoor. Just don't inhale those chemical stuff. It can kill yah..

How cold are you talking though? It can function in relatively mild climates...but I wouldn't stretch it too far.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

from my experience took my resin to harden like 18hr in front of a space heater with extra hardener, temp was low 40s high 30s bondo work the normal in the same temp also.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

from my experience took my resin to harden like 18hr in front of a space heater with extra hardener, temp was low 40s high 30s bondo work the normal in the same temp also.

Interesting. I am not sure what the garage gets to with the wood burning stove...not real hot, but I have had good luck using it still....I am going to have to get out there with a thermostat and find out.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

18HR.. Damn!!

18HR.. Damn!!

im pretty sure in the summer you could leave the resin with no hardner and it would harden faster lol

Edited by basshead4life

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol