Sonic Electronix

Do I really need 10k watts for my first system? (daily driver)

honestly as a first system i'd recommend to start out small. unless you do lots of research and know exactly what you're getting into. the more power you have, the more dangers you can have. it's better to start small and work your way up. work out your kinks or things you learn the hard way (we all have learned those things lol) on cheap and/or low powered equipment. then when you're ready, step it up. again...unless you have help or know *exactly* what you're doing with the equipment you get, take cautious steps. also like some others said...you dont need 5-10k to get loud. but...that helps of course :D

2x....

start small... i reccomned within 1000 - 1500 watts... youll be suprised with what you can do with only that much power... you probly wont even spend 1000$... save the rest... do some research... then upgrade... look through the member build section theres alot of info on this site...

and welcome to the world of Car Audio...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

if the back seat folds down ied have a ported box sealed off from trunk with 2 12's n a good 1500wrms amp, n then get a deck, then mids n highs, then a mids n highs amp (it does make a diff really, even to a good set of coax)

i'll design u a system n see how close i can come to the 2-3k range, is the budget includeing install n what knot cause i kno some shops usally charge $50 an hr for custom work like fiberglass n what knot or the one my buddy ran did

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

heres a list i found that should work good for around $2k n give u $1k for install n box n what knot

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/ShoppingCart.aspx

this is the headunit, mids n highs, mids n highs amp, subs, sub amp, 2 wire kits enough for big 3 n to hook up second battery, 2 sets of rcas(1 4ch and 1 2ch), and 2 batterys for the back

maby u can get somethin cheaper but that would be a killer first setup, hell i might even try this myself, i got my system insured so if it gets gone i get $2k so i can put maby $300 more with it n get that setup n be coo wit it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

if ur doubting those subs heres a vid of 16 of em wangin like hell

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I think you should be asking yourself if you want to have 10k watts for your first system.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Do it, you only live once... I dont see how you'd be able to do 10k on only 3 grand, but more power to ya if you can...

x2

I don't like to sell or ship stuff either so I wind up giving it away or selling for next to nothing.

If you like bass you will probably do something just like I have, First amp 950 watts, Then 1000, 2400, 2 1000's. Now a 5 thousand with another 5 thousand coming.

Subs? lots of sets? Many boxes. It goes on and on.

A wise man said why throw good money after bad. Just go big and save alot of work and money.

heres a list i found that should work good for around $2k n give u $1k for install n box n what knot

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/ShoppingCart.aspx

this is the headunit, mids n highs, mids n highs amp, subs, sub amp, 2 wire kits enough for big 3 n to hook up second battery, 2 sets of rcas(1 4ch and 1 2ch), and 2 batterys for the back

maby u can get somethin cheaper but that would be a killer first setup, hell i might even try this myself, i got my system insured so if it gets gone i get $2k so i can put maby $300 more with it n get that setup n be coo wit it

Fail!! shopping cart is empty. sorry had to

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

Archived