Sonic Electronix

Do I really need 10k watts for my first system? (daily driver)

I'm new to the whole car audio thing, I've never had subs in my car (never even upgraded the stock speakers/HU) ..but I will sometime soon hopefully.

I'd like something nice, and LOUD, but do I REALLY need 10k watts for my first system in a daily driver? My budget isn't really THAT big anyways, I guess.

But I don't want to get a system then down the road want to get something else, I hate selling stuff.. so I'd probably just let it sit around (which would be a waste) and get a new system..

What do you guys think?

No u don't need 10K for your first system. I've had mine for a while now I only have a T4K and a Power 750X

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

your looking at alot, and i mean ALOT of electrical upgrades if you ran 10k rms, have you taken that into consideration as well? What type of vehicle is this daily driver gonna be?

subs and amps? have you decided on that as well?

you said your budget isnt really THAT big, how big? if you dont mind me asking, you can have a nice loud system for about 1500$

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

your looking at alot, and i mean ALOT of electrical upgrades if you ran 10k rms, have you taken that into consideration as well? What type of vehicle is this daily driver gonna be?

subs and amps? have you decided on that as well?

you said your budget isnt really THAT big, how big? if you dont mind me asking, you can have a nice loud system for about 1500$

I guess I didn't mean 10k but maybe 5k lol.. and yes, i'm willing to do the needed electrical upgrades - well worth it :D

Budget probably around $2500-$3000 lol

Also, it's a 09 Aveo.

2im9oqs.jpg

This could be interesting.

X2 thats a pretty decent budget you should be able to get some good stuff.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts