If it's a solid LED light it's most likely in valet mode...

As far as the Bad Remote start relay a mechanic won't know much about it so i wouldn't bother taking it back to them..

The light you see come on and off is most likely the shock sensor..

I would check the tach wire to be sure they got the right tach wire..

If not i would check all the connection at the ignition coil...

FYI i'm an MECP certified installer.. I have specialty training in DEI and Autopage alarms...

And here is the expert chiming in. :clapping:

Hope I wasn't giving potential damaging information. Op I would deff do as he suggest.

well....considering the brain is sitting next to me on the table now, i have my doubts...

idk...unplugged everything, took the brain out...still acts like its gonna start but wont...back to square one..i was really hoping that would fix it...

oh..think its a 560...the brain says 560xv

p.s. thanks for all the input guys!

i likes me some audio stuff...

plus im gonna have to get it towed...stupid bish wont start...was just out there for like 15 minutes...nothing...remote start starts it fine...shit dies when u disengage it, and doesnt start with key...

This sounds like a bad Starter kill relay..

On remote start the (the starter side of the relay) comes from the remote start relay pack

the KEY SIDE wire of the starter goes into the relay starter pack (if it's fail safe start)

When the alarm is armed the relay is open so only the remote start relay pack is connected to the starter and the Key side is disengaged...

Once again i'd open the ignition side and check the connections..

If the connection are sound, the alarm is disarmed and not in valet and the key still can't start it.. it's a bad remote start relay pack..

To get it started since you can't just unplug the alarm (it will remain in the open position disengaging the key side)

On the relay pack just cut the purple off of the starter wire..

the car should start

If not check to see if a pink/black wire and a pink with white wires is placed in between the ignition wire of the car...

If it is the car (with the key) will turn over but won't start cause the ignition wire is in line with the alarm starter pack...

if the wires are in line then cut them off from the realy starter pack and join them back together reconnecting the ignition wire

Ascendant Audio Hawaii Rep

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

This sounds like a bad Starter kill relay..

On remote start the (the starter side of the relay) comes from the remote start relay pack

the KEY SIDE wire of the starter goes into the relay starter pack (if it's fail safe start)

When the alarm is armed the relay is open so only the remote start relay pack is connected to the starter and the Key side is disengaged...

Once again i'd open the ignition side and check the connections..

If the connection are sound, the alarm is disarmed and not in valet and the key still can't start it.. it's a bad remote start relay pack..

To get it started since you can't just unplug the alarm (it will remain in the open position disengaging the key side)

On the relay pack just cut the purple off of the starter wire..

the car should start

actually the first thing i did was unplug the purple wire under the hood...and it didnt start

then i unplugged the brain (purple wire reconnected under the hood)....and didnt start

just unplugged the purple wire with the brain still unplugged...didnt start

so u are saying with the brain plugged in and operating normally, just disconnect the purple wire and all should be fine?

i tried this first...and it was a no go, but i will more than happily try it again...

thanks for the help again... :D

actually the first thing i did was unplug the purple wire under the hood...and it didnt start

then i unplugged the brain (purple wire reconnected under the hood)....and didnt start

just unplugged the purple wire with the brain still unplugged...didnt start

so u are saying with the brain plugged in and operating normally, just disconnect the purple wire and all should be fine?

i tried this first...and it was a no go, but i will more than happily try it again...

thanks for the help again... :D

I hope you get it resolved. Keep us posted when you figure out exactly what it was. Good luck!

It depends on if they did a fail safe starter kill yes the brain should be plugged in and the purple wire should be disconnected

Is there an independent starter kill relay ?

A 92 accord (if memory serves me correct) the starter is black with white... is the purple wire directly tapped into that wire ? or does the purple wire go from the brain to to a relay then to the starter wire ?

double check the ignition wire too (black /yellow IIRC on the car side) alarms wire will be pink

and since your there i believe accessory wire is solid yellow car side... alarm wire should be orange

IIRC 92 accords don't need a second ignition or second starter so that's all should be connected at the ignition coil...

If there are no breaks in the wire you may have a bad ignition coil which a mechanic would be your best bet for that...

It makes sense since the ignition coil doesn't work properly so the key won't start it but the remote start will (since the remote start relay pack acts just like an ignition coil)...

Last but not least i'd double check the main power wire going to the ignition coil (that provides power to the ignition coil) I've seen some remote starts pull enough amperage to pop the fuse on the main line (it should be a solid white wire it should read constant 12V)

I am going of pure memory so forgive me if my colors are off

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

ok...fuck its cold out...

hooked the brain back up, purple wire is plugged in....alarm worked, remote start work....still dies when disengaged and wont key start

unhooked the purple wire, the remote start is still activated.....it tries to turn it over but cant just like when i key start it....

so im thinking your ignition coil theory is the way im leanin to now

oh yea..all other wires looked fine and all the inline fuses looked fine...

Well that's about all the trouble shooting we can do.. I'm gonna side with you on bad ignition coil...

I would go over there and look at it for free if i was on the mainland but i'm born and bread in hawaii so theabunai + cold = brain freeze LOL...

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

ok...fuck its cold out...

hooked the brain back up, purple wire is plugged in....alarm worked, remote start work....still dies when disengaged and wont key start

unhooked the purple wire, the remote start is still activated.....it tries to turn it over but cant just like when i key start it....

so im thinking your ignition coil theory is the way im leanin to now

oh yea..all other wires looked fine and all the inline fuses looked fine...

LOL! I can't stand the cold. And I live in CA where my definition of cold is 60degrees. I feel for you.

The ignition coil is also a common problem in honda's along with the main relay. They can also be had for fairly cheap. I hope that's all it takes to fix your ride.

Archived