Second Skin Audio

Best Setup

I have an 03 Tahoe, and im willing to use the entire cargo area for my system. I have 4-12" Kicker CVXs and 2 Hifonics Bxi2006D amps. This will be a daily driver. I would like to know should I go sealed or ported and if so plz give details like tuning frequencies and volume. I have done sealed and ported with just 2 of the subs but my sealed box was undersized so I cant really say which setup would be louder.

imo ported is going to be louder..youll be under powering the subs , so id make the box a little on the larger side. something like 12 cubes 35hz. because imo its best of both worlds you get some lows as well as some loudness

Edited by Accordman

imo ported is going to be louder..youll be under powering the subs , so id make the box a little on the larger side. something like 12 cubes 35hz. because imo its best of both worlds you get some lows as well as some loudness

what makes you say im under powering the subs, they are 750 rms and my Hifonics is 2000 rms, and im aware that sum say the hifonics are overrated but i figure im at least get 1500 rms out of it

I have an 03 Tahoe, and im willing to use the entire cargo area for my system. I have 4-12" Kicker CVXs and 2 Hifonics Bxi2006D amps. This will be a daily driver. I would like to know should I go sealed or ported and if so plz give details like tuning frequencies and volume. I have done sealed and ported with just 2 of the subs but my sealed box was undersized so I cant really say which setup would be louder.

sounds like a nice set up, the 2006 are good amps they should push the cvxs nice, building a box for the entire cargo area is going the take time, especially if its ported, thats why i did half of the cargo, with 2 L7s. I say go ported,

Owwwwwwwwww

sounds like a nice set up, the 2006 are good amps they should push the cvxs nice, building a box for the entire cargo area is going the take time, especially if its ported, thats why i did half of the cargo, with 2 L7s. I say go ported,

Well I dont necessarily have to use the entire cargo area, I was just letting it be known that I can if i have too.

well I forgot to mention that I want 2 subs per enclosure and I listen mostly to rap. Can u really tell the difference in tuning between lets say 32Hz and 34Hz

Then halve those numbers and build 2 of them ;)

And in short, no.

Changing 32hz to 38hz you can hear but 32 to 35 you would struggle with. It's kinda personal preference. Build the port on the large side, you can always choke it later if you need to.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Then halve those numbers and build 2 of them ;)

And in short, no.

Changing 32hz to 38hz you can hear but 32 to 35 you would struggle with. It's kinda personal preference. Build the port on the large side, you can always choke it later if you need to.

how exactly do you choke the port, like can u give me an example

how exactly do you choke the port, like can u give me an example

Just re-wall the port by adding sheets of wood onto the port walls. I think :spiteful:

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube