ModFreak Posted January 4, 2010 Report Posted January 4, 2010 Ok well im picking up 2 dc level 5 12s in about a week. I am trying to figure out if i need them in 1 or 2 ohm. The amps will be saz-2000d. I will be strapping them and i know to keep the warranty they cant be straped below 2ohm. I am looking at putting 2 amps to each sub. So basically i need help understanding the final load on each amp. Im newer to the strapping game. I am assuming if i get the 1ohm lvl 5s and series the voice coils it will give me a 2ohm load or 1ohm to each amp. Is that how it works? Please help. Thanks
Chode69 Posted January 4, 2010 Report Posted January 4, 2010 get dual 2 ohm subs...you can take it down to 1 ohm per sub and daisy chain the RCAs or strap them and wire them to a 2 ohm mono load like so NoFearX18 said: Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said: i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL! trainman0978 said: I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P... Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power 2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!
ziggetyzag26 Posted January 4, 2010 Report Posted January 4, 2010 get dual 2 ohm subs...you can take it down to 1 ohm per sub and daisy chain the RCAs or strap them and wire them to a 2 ohm mono load like so very well said nick Lost prophets carclub DD for life Visit my youtube My link
ModFreak Posted January 4, 2010 Author Report Posted January 4, 2010 Yes but they way u are saying is putting two amps to two subs. I am looking to stack to amps to one sub.
J00bles Posted January 4, 2010 Report Posted January 4, 2010 Yes but they way u are saying is putting two amps to two subs. I am looking to stack to amps to one sub. 2 sundown 2000s strapped, to each sub? youll need dual 1 ohm subs to pull that off. 8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee Click to see J00bles' Youtube Channel
ModFreak Posted January 4, 2010 Author Report Posted January 4, 2010 2 sundown 2000s strapped, to each sub? Yes that is what I am looking to do. I will keep it low for daily reasons but would like to turn it up for comp purposes.
ModFreak Posted January 5, 2010 Author Report Posted January 5, 2010 youll need dual 1 ohm subs to pull that off. And run them in a series? Also if I choose to void warrenty down the road can I safely drop it to a .5 ohm load?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.