Sundown Audio

Need to make sure everything is wired properly

Ndnkobra

Hey guys, i wanted to make one final post before i start to re-hook up my system, and i have a lot of questions that need to be answered before i can start making progress, because i want to get it all right the first time. My first question is about the amplifier itself and the way its hooked. Both of my subs are Dual 1, and i need them both to achieve a final load of 1 ohm. I think i've done this but i need clarification, because its a 1 channel amp and my amp speaker terminals are bridged. It kind of looks like - + + -, and the second (+) and the last (-) both are connected to my 2 D1 subs. Will this achieve a final impedance of 1 ohm with both terminals being bridged, or do i have to connect the wires to the amp speaker outputs a different way? After this question is answered, i think it'll be suitable to answer the next one.

This next one is about gain setting, i've already looked at the chart and that makes sense to me but there's confusion else where. First thing is i'm using a 1200W @ 1 ohm amp, which is about 34.6V. But both of my speakers are rated at an RMS of 1000W. Do i use the amp rated rms or the speaker rms? Most guides say use the lower of the two but i have two speakers, which is why the question popped up in my mind in the first place. The second thing is (if the bridging part hasnt cleared up yet), how do i set the gains when i have bridged channels? I've also read up on a guide that you cut the impedance in half and then do the formula out? So if that were the case, i would have a .5 ohm load and i would multiply that by my RMS rating of the amp of 1200, and take the sqrt of 600, which is 24.5V. Anyways thats just assuming that we get there and thats the right way of doing things. I HOPE that i can all of these questions solved, and thanks for any help, its greatly appreciated!

According to the 12volt wiring wizard, you can get a final 1 ohm load from (2) D1 subs. As for using a DMM to set gain, you would go with the RMS rating of the amp.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_c...sp?Q=2&I=12

You can't bridge a 1 channel amp. The speaker terminals are already wired together internally. You just have an extra +/- for easier wiring. But if I am reading that first paragraph correctly, you are seeing a 1 ohm load. Just check it with a DMM to make sure if you are worried about it.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

You can't bridge a 1 channel amp. The speaker terminals are already wired together internally. You just have an extra +/- for easier wiring. But if I am reading that first paragraph correctly, you are seeing a 1 ohm load. Just check it with a DMM to make sure if you are worried about it.

Alright thank you, that makes ALOT more sense to me. I'll make sure to check it with a DMM. Now that the first question is out of the way, all thats left is that second question thats been bugging me. So i would just take the sqrt of 1200W, which is 34.6V.

Archived