Second Skin Audio

fi btl or type r

i dont really want to make any electrical updates with my car cuz i am planning on geting new car in a couple of months but couldnt i get a cap and a good big battery in the back instead of running to my car battery?

i dont really want to make any electrical updates with my car cuz i am planning on geting new car in a couple of months but couldnt i get a cap and a good big battery in the back instead of running to my car battery?

cap is a no-no. ill be the first one to tell you this.

if your not willing to do any good electrical upgrades (besides big 3 and more deepcycle batteries), you can't expect to have a big system. anything over 1000rms (peak = jack shit/nothing) and youll need to make upgrades whether you will like it or not

edit: by the way i dont know what you mean by "good big battery in the back instead of running to my car battery?" but anytime you have batteries in the trunk, you need to put 0 gauge connecting the front and back battery(s), for both + and -.

Edited by Kranny

cap is a no-no. ill be the first one to tell you this.

if your not willing to do any good electrical upgrades (besides big 3 and more deepcycle batteries), you can't expect to have a big system. anything over 1000rms (peak = jack shit/nothing) and youll need to make upgrades whether you will like it or not

X2 on the caps they really suck

you will want to do electrical upgrades either way it took me a while and am still in the process of getting everything where it needs to be but for big power u need to be able to back it up

btw you cant expect to charge all of your batts without something big to charge them! a big 3 upgrade is an easy upgrade that don't cost much

my from the work ive got done so far my resting voltage is 12.9 and idle at 1600 rpm is 15.1 (idk y i idle that high cold air intake maybe?)

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

im thinking about going with my type rs for now till i get my truck and then i will actualy do my upgrades cuz its wourthless to put that much time and money so.. thank you all

alls car audio does is take up your time and money.

FACEPALM

X2

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Hey man besides your making a thread that shoudnt be here think of it this way. The apine 12's are rated at I think 500 to 750rms (Dont quote me on that). The BTL fully loaded is rated much higher I run 3500 watts to each daily with no problem. The btl is going to be louder, but a lot more expensive to run. So stick with the alpine unless you can spend a couple g's

steven.jpg