Say Good Bye to Eclipse

Thats the thing that is the last thing he heard.. according to the OP this release came ou today so my rep is going to call and see what's going on...

If it goes dealer direct then a local shop can call eclipse and become a dealer instead of a rep picking and choosing what shops gets authorized

Ill update as soon as he finds out whats going on

Ascendant Audio Hawaii Rep

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

Just heard back from my rep.... The OP is 100% correct... Eclipse is no more.. 100% confirmed on my end..

I am literally SHOCKED and DISGUSTED... Eclipse was one of the last remaining affordable SQ headunits on he market

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

That does suck! I have never owned one, but have aspired to. This leaves what? Nakamichi, Dennon, & McIntosh??

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

yups colin and the price tag on those brands are really really no where near as affordable as eclipse and also a lot harder to find (with authentic authorized dealer warranty)..

As someone else posted.. all the re-value of eclipse decks have gone way up.. they are now collectors items...

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

Damn, this sucks. Ever since I first bought an 8443, I was an Eclipse fan. I had two 8443s, cd5000, and an 8053 that I still have. (quit reading cds) Currently using the 8445. Can 't imagine what I'll run in the future with Eclipse not there.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

Lame. My first serious deck was an Eclipse. Got jacked. Once this nightmare I call a Kenwood X993 is over I was going to go back to Eclipse.

Lame

1993 Chevy Suburban

Optima Yellow Top

Kenwood KDC X-993

Pioneer GM-X314 mids amp

Kenwood KFC-4675's up front

Kenwood KFC-415C in back

Fosgate T1500-1bd

Alpine 12" Type X

(Coming eventually: Fosgate T400-4, T1652-S, XS battery, Big 3, h.o. alternator, 18"???)

image,BoxingBuffalo,grey,black.png

the price better not go up just yet. i just got set on buying one and talking to a guy about buying his.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you have got to be fucking kidding me..... why the hell would they do this? seriously? WTF

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

dont post this in other forums till i buy mine! lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Not really a sad day for the SQ world. In the past couple of years they came out with some decent affordable decks with a good amount of DSP, but nothing like their amazing old decks (like the ECD-510 etc.)... whats happening to car audio :(

Too Much Stuff to list .

Archived