Grand Prix alt options and parts store G31's

I have a 1996 Grand Prix with the 3100, a group...75? battery (small one with side posts) and a 105 amp alt. Since winter hit, I have had voltage issues. After resting ten minutes, resting was 12.39, and in ten seconds it dropped to 12.29, when I stopped checking. Took the battery in for testing and after a full charge it did 600 CCA's and rested at 12.8 for a couple hours. Soon as it went in the cold it was about 12.6 steady.

Here's my questions.

First off, I think I need a bigger alt. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could maybe fit an alt from a GM truck or something similar instead of my alt? I think there was a 160 amp alt for something...

Picture097.jpg

There's my alt, there's two bolts securing it. I have a spare I could grab shots of if need be.

Secondly, while at the parts store (Advance) I saw a G31 battery for $75. Anyone know if these are any good or a good deal? It's just a generic brand, says 'Farm and Tractor' or something similar on the side.

Too many projects, too little time...

Any alt that u get for that car as long as it fits ur bracket and plugs into ur clip will be better than a stock alt. If u want a different battery id go with a deep cycle battery or something along those lines. I use a Yellow Top Optima but other people run different im sure of that. In the end a better electrical system is always a plus.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

My main issue is that I am on an extreme budget, so Optima anything is out of the picture. It would be great if I could find even a halfways decent battery for under $100, which is why I just about freaked when I saw this big ol' G31 there for $75. I didn't get a chance to look at the CCA's or the AH on them but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I know I'm still regretting the last time I bought a cheap battery, but it was from a different retailer known for poor quality batts.

You could also look into a MLA Module.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what would be considered a good reserve rate?

There's a 'marine deep cycle' battery at advance that had a reserve in the hundreds at either 75 AH or 7.5 AH, I don't recall. It was also that magical $75 number. Which one seems more realistic and is it worth it? I think it was rated like 900 CCA's...