99 Dodge Neon dash speaker help

A friend of mine has a '99 Dodge Neon. He wanted me to put some dash speakers in for him, and I told him I read you could fit 3.5" drivers with slight modifications in the factory spots. So he went out and bought...4" speakers. Has anyone fit 4" mids in their factory dash spot on a Neon? I guess I could do pillars but I am no good at glassing whatsoever and the cost of the materials would be more than his whole dang system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Too many projects, too little time...

Just look at the location of where the 3 1/2" speakers go and see if you can't squeeze the 4" in there. I'm sure you can with a little modification.

Never seen a Neon's dash so I'm just giving you a suggestion. :)

Derp.

I don't know what the Neon dash looks like but can't you go under the dash to mount the 4" speaker? I know that would be pretty complicated and almost pointless for 4" speakers but I'm just giving suggestions.

Derp.

Removing the top of the dash is really easy but you'll see how hard it'll be to try and cut it up to make a larger speaker fit and really wouldnt be worth the time and effort to try it.

Alrighty. Maybe I'll try and fit them on the doors or something...

Too many projects, too little time...