DC Sound Lab

Dc Lvl3 max rms

Hello all. Well, its time to upgrade my install, and a wall is in order (It was going to happen some time!) So looking at a new amp to power my 2 lvl3 15's. Im looking at a true 2k+ amp (As i want to take volt drop into consideration lowering the rms) But just wanted to know, Whats the max people are feeding these? Im pretty sure i took a look a while back and someone was feeding them 1.5 or 2k EACH, I could not believe it?

Im considering upgrading some day (Money permitting) But I have heard the lvl4's and i thought they dropped lower (Possibly due to the tuning on my old box being a little higher) So looking at tuning a little lower this time..

Any ideas / discussion much appreciated !

Thanks all

Probably thinking of me. I have personally ran a pair of lv3 12s with a Stetsom 4k2d no problems and they would take everything that amp had. Also have a customer with a pair of lv3 12s and a DC 3000.1 powering them. I have said it many time over but i think thats the best sub DC makes!

Ah nice, Its just when I was running from a d2400 they seemed to get a little smelly (But i think this was a combo of low voltage and incorrect enclosure) The old one hit the 40s HARD, but anything below was no way near as loud, And the excursion was very irratic and excursion did not seem right..

Im thinking of 8cuft + wall with about 2.5 - 3k. Its got to be done, I need that hairtrick and flex !

I do love these lvl3 beasts, I cant bare to see them under my bed doing nothing any longer !

4cuft each enclosure tuned to 33hz ( But it did not seem right ever since i built the enclosure, first one someone else designed for me and I built) Im thinking of possibly making the port interchangeable for the wall, the 2 15s behind each seat and the port around head height in the center.

Hopefully enough to hit the 150 this time, I got 148.x with the old setup with only 1.2k rms.

?@Fox racin

4 cubes each, he says, and 4 cubes for a 15 is quite big, but not too big.(if you're feeding them RMS rating!)

150db's with 2 15's is quite hard with a tuning of 33hz, but i hope you can pull it off.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

i had my 12's in a 4.3 cf tuned to 43 hz and it would get very smelly playing full tilt maybe 2-3 mins, coils a lil crispy haha but I now know to build my own enclosures and im sure they can take alot of power, just curious tho A-team what the box cf3 and tuning was, so I can consider for my next box.

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz