Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll do that tommorow as I go through my checklist of to-do's but honestly that can't be the problem.

honestly I don't care much if I blew my amp, but I hope my subs fine I JUST GOT IT a week ago... and I've gingered it.

can anyone confirm my sub is good?

how do i check the coils on my subwoofer to confirm they are fine?

You're losing 3 volts between your battery and your amp. Something is wrong with your power wire/fuse/ground.

So what do you recommend to test that theory? and could this even cause my problem?

and could this even cause my problem

That is why you started this thread isnt it? The problem lol

Not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out the obvious. You ought to put the right fuse in the amp too. Should be either 2-20 amp fuses or 2-25 amp. Never seen them mixed like that before. What amp is that in the pict the Alpine?

Alpine MRP-450 400RMS x 1 @ 2ohm

hmm I did fix my ground, I can try another spot but I don't know any spots better I can shave that paint but the ground hasnt given me a problem until now it appears... could it be my power wire? how do I get that extra 3v that I need for me amp I mean im confused elaborate with me

One person says 11V into the amp is fine, Im picking up a 20a fuse for my amp to replace the 25, I reinsterted my ground wire instead of my crappy one..

does ANYONE think my subs blown?

if i was u ied get me a 4guage kit that steps down to 8guage to help with current flow

and try not to do ur wires like that cause it looks like from pics that u cut off 30% of the strands to stick the wires in the amp

my buddy ran 2 of the 350version of this amp to my old set of rockford punch he2 n had no problem at all runnin at 2ohm on both off a 4guage main power stepped down to 2 8guage's in his lil nissan

and my buddies old 350's did around 700rms @2ohm to those rockfords when we tested em so ya that amp should be givein that sub a good 600rms at least, imo ied change the fuses to w/e the amp calls for so it has the right ammount of fuseing n ied get a better wire kit n if i was u ied use a self tapping screw/bolt n make a new ground somewere, just take some 60-80 grit sandpaper n skuff off the paint somewere close to amp n put it there

when i had my mtx500d in my honda i just had it grounded to one of the back speaker pod thing bolts that was threw bare mettle n i had mine wired down to 1ohm for some time not knowing it was internally bridged but it worked fine for 2 or 3 yrs till i switched it back to 4ohm and had no issues cuttin off but i had 4guage power n ground

if u can get 4guage to fit ied do it, u can get ground lugs kinda like this Ground-Lugs.jpg from any electrical supply store n take out the screw on the amp n put this in there n then put the screw back threw it, thats what i did on my mtx500d and it worked like a charm, these are pure copper n u can get em for around $1-$2 each i think thats what i got mine for

but ied try that first^ might be wire issues due to how u got ur wires stripped back with not many strands goin to amp, and does the amp cut off or sub just stop playing?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

If the sub was blown it wouldnt play so probably not. Unless each coil is wired separately to the amp, then it could be playing on one coil. Take the sub out and Ohm out the coils and see what each one reads. Should read close or the same as each other.

That amp takes 2 25amp fuses not 20amp.

Archived