Sundown Audio

Pa Or Hifonics

was readin the forums and havent really figured out what is better. do ya think a

-Power Acoustik A3000DB ($335, 2300@1 ohm) or Power Acoustik SL-3400D ($400,2600@1 ohm )

might deliver more REAL power than a

-Hifonics BXi 2607D ($490, 2600@1 ohm)

cus i heard ppl say that Hifonics dont lie about their watts, but i havent really seen much info about PA, and there is a lil difference in their rms power and price.

any opinions, experiences, or recommendations around that price range with similar rms power? :unsure:

gettin rid of my old system :lol:

Edited by CynicLos
  • '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

Guest Nismofreak

The hifonics.....Its brand spakin new from hifonics 2007 line amp...Think it shouldn't be even overated....Look into the XXV line for great products from hf.

The hifonics.....Its brand spakin new from hifonics 2007 line amp...Think it shouldn't be even overated....Look into the XXV line for great products from hf.

What's up buddy, I help out Neil Barber of Team Maxxsonics, the Hifonic amp are just alittl overrated as ratio as 2000watts RMS rated ( is to ) about 1800watt RMS tested! That's at 14volts though

The Hifonic amp can also stay stable at 0.5 all day long, with mini. problems!

They solid amps, you'd be happy with them

Alittle 411 - The Brutus have alot better sound at 1ohm than the XX series!

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Guest Nismofreak
What's up buddy, I help out Neil Barber of Team Maxxsonics, the Hifonic amp are just alittl overrated as ratio as 2000watts RMS rated ( is to ) about 1800watt RMS tested! That's at 14volts though

Really....The XXV are so expensive but got my hifonics amp Zeus installed and running 2 speakers of and no problems at all...HF all the way.

yo, thanks for the replys!

yea, i saw @ sonic that it was spankin new. right now i got the bxi 1606D runnin @ 1 ohm and it hits pretty good for its price, if not better. and gots to love the fuckin remote bass knob :wub:

damn :lol: i wonder how many watts i be gettin then. i gots to upgrade my electric, but will try to do very soon (add 1 bat, and upgrade alt).

but yea man, so far my Brutus amp has been great :) but i want to upgrade my system to hit a lil harder. its soo easy to get addicted to this shit man :blush: damn. once u go over 1500 watts rms... cant go lower, MUST GO HIGHER!! :lol:

any comments about Power Acoustik amps? :unsure:

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

I wouldnt go with anything below the xxv line for sub amps, ive heard of thousands of problems from the bxi series, i dont know about their new 2007 models since not many people have gotten their hands on them yet. Im fixing to pick up an xx cyclops that was benched at 4400 watts at 13.8 volts. Their higher line is awesome their lower line isntbad for the money. its a good budget amp.

And big sexy, i dont believe anything you say except that the brutus series is underrated, if the brutus sounded better at 1 ohm than the xx series wouldnt all the big dogs be run brutus amps instead of xx amps??

xa-1.gif

Guest Nismofreak

I love hf...My amp is pushing my 2 front speakers at 2-ohm and running well....I just say people set up the amps wrong..That is my perspective

i'm am still looking into the new 2007 hifonics amp(2607D). although some say hifonics is overrated(meaning their amps put out a little less wattage than stated). i think that new 2607D will push my two Rockford Fosgate T2 12s nicely....... seeing it'll be 2600rms(probably do 2300 rms). hell i got two BX1500ds at that moment(one on each sub running at 2 ohm), all i have to say is they slam. but i'm working on converting back to just one big amp though. but to anyone out there hifonics amps do require a good electrical system cause they are hungry(better yet greedy) for power that is.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module