Sonic Electronix

Ok so i have my box finished and installed but my tuning is way way too high. it is tuned at 41 hz. I know that to get it down to 36 hz (where i want it) i need a 6" long 3" diameter port tube. I cant find them anywhere i can only find them in like 4" or 4.5" lengths. My question: can i use PVC pipe for a port tube? I have access to some 3" pvc pipe and could easily get some of it.

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Dont use 3" pvc for your port unless you use multiple ports. I used the Alpine spec for a 3" port for my 10" Type R and it made a hell of a lot of port noise. I changed it to a 4" round pvc port and fixed the problem. How many cubes is your box gross, internal dimensions and is this for the 2 subs in your sig?

Dont use 3" pvc for your port unless you use multiple ports. I used the Alpine spec for a 3" port for my 10" Type R and it made a hell of a lot of port noise. I changed it to a 4" round pvc port and fixed the problem. How many cubes is your box gross, internal dimensions and is this for the 2 subs in your sig?

I have a box that i made for my physics project. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=64923 I have 3 inch tubes in either side right now but i want to lower the tuning and i know that i need a 6" long tube to get it there. I dont have any port noise. It is a bandpass enclosure and the tube is in the front chamber. The ported chamber is 1.8 cubes and the sealed chamber is 1.5 cubes. Each subwoofer has its own chamber. So you dont think that using straight up like plumbing PVC pipe would work?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

All I used in the 90's was PVC ports, works great just round off the ends with sand paper and a router for the face.

Ok, cool.

i have 5 pvc tubes in my box and sound great.

DSC06365.jpg

Thats what i am looking for. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the advice guys. Went out back and found this little guy and cut me some port tubes.

Photo01081514.jpg

Photo01081548.jpg

~31-33 hz should sound a hella lot better than 43 hz tuned right? it is a daily and it is a 4th order bandpass.