Physics Project Bass Style!!!!

Ok boys and girls, this is the beginning of a new era of boxes. Have you blown over the top of a glass bottle and heard the deep resonating noise? Why yes, you tell yourself. Imagine this in a sub box. I bring you the LCRSE well the build log anyway.

(JK bout the new era BS).

Really though this is the box im working on for physics and it does encorporate the 'pop bottle effect' previously mentioned. It is going to be a 4th order bandpass. Pics below.

EDIT: Pics are in reverse order.

100_0166.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0154.jpg

100_0148.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

that "pop bottle" effect is a Helmholtz resonator

nothing new

Oh, sad face. :( I thought I came up with something new and ituitive. That sucks well nevermind then ya'll can delete this thread.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Technically, All Ported enclosures are Helmholtz resonators that do the "pop bottle" effect.

But nice looking box so far, keep it comin.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

looks promising.. i'd like to see more progress

I have made some more progress but I have a couple of final cuts to make that im going to grandmas woodshop on monday to make just couldnt quite get to them with the jig saw then carpet and install that night. Should be finished by Tues. I am having a hella time finding somewhere to put me amps but ill get er done somehow.

Yes, any ported enlcosure is a Helmholtz Resonator, though it is fantastic to see that you figured it out yourself. It's really great to see people sit down and think "I wonder what would happen if you did this?" Sure, you found out it has been done, but now you know HOW a ported enclosure works.

That's really great matey, good work.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

your grandma has a woodshop? im in for new pics

Yes she has a woodshop and could make 3/4ths of us on this site look like little school girls if she was to build a car box. Ill try to get some pics of where i am at now i lost control of the family camera for a while but i have it back now.

Yes, any ported enlcosure is a Helmholtz Resonator, though it is fantastic to see that you figured it out yourself. It's really great to see people sit down and think "I wonder what would happen if you did this?" Sure, you found out it has been done, but now you know HOW a ported enclosure works.

That's really great matey, good work.

Cheers,

Mick

Ya i guess but if you look at the pics that second peak is still part of the sealed enclosure section since it is a fourth order bandpass. The way i designed it the back peaked section should act as a resonator and as part of the sealed chamber. Its gonna be interesting.

Archived