wtf just happend? need masive help

okay so i just got back from work and my computer wont turn on? ........ its been in perfict shape but now it wont turn on i was on it right before i left for work four hours ago and no problems....... i unplugged everthing but my power cord nothing happend then but there is a green light blinking on and off on the back of my tower ...

my computer is a compaq SR1820NX

if anyone can help please i need it

okay so i just got back from work and my computer wont turn on? ........ its been in perfict shape but now it wont turn on i was on it right before i left for work four hours ago and no problems....... i unplugged everthing but my power cord nothing happend then but there is a green light blinking on and off on the back of my tower ...

my computer is a compaq SR1820NX

if anyone can help please i need it

I don't know too much about computers but just from that I would check my power supply and my bios battery. Again, I don't know much about them so either of those could be totally wrong.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i have it opend up already ive tryed a five different outlets i know a good amount about computers but this shit is redic

Find a known good power supply and try that.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

usually there is a light that turns on on the motherboard itself when you plug the cord into the power supply, even if the computer is shut off, the little LED should be on. on my computer it is green and a few others i have seen are green also. its generally near the CPU heatsink and the dedicated ports.

Alright so now that you have it open, grab a paper clip and a voltmeter. Remove the main 24 or 20 pin connector from the motherboard. Once removed, find the green wire, insert the paperclip into the green wire and then stick it into any prong with a black wire or even the chassis of the computer. The green wire is the "remote" to the power supply and when its grounded the power supply will turn on. So do that and then with your volt meter , prong any 4 pin molex connector. So on your voltmeter , put your negative prong anywhere on the chassis of the computer and put the positive prong in to a yellow wire, it will read around 12v. Also red wire will read around 5v. If you get no readings .. or get some weird readings you have a bad power supply. Not a big deal, just go to your local computer store and pick up a new one and then stick it in and see what happens!!

Too Much Stuff to list .

Archived