Sonic Electronix

Need some advice from you gurus!!

But you KNOW I want people around here who dont know RE at all to say wtf are those?? lol But I am searching the classifieds for RE SEx's If I can score those for around 100ish per sub I'd do a 4-6 of them but just want to make sure my little 1000 watts is enough to push them

What kind of enclosure are you going to do? Prebuilt? Build your own? Tuning? How big?

What kind of enclosure are you going to do? Prebuilt? Build your own? Tuning? How big?

Well I have what looks like all the space in the world I'll be going with a ported box unless a sealed just works out better. I think I have a guy here local I can sign on to build a box for the 6 10's for a few hundred bucks.I'm really liking the firing up p[ort facing back designs

The best "real cheap" woofer around IMO are the Hifonics Hifis... They can be found for like $25-50 per woofer and are great low cost woofers if you're doing a bunch of them.

Personally with the power you have I'd just buy a single 18" FI SSD fully loaded, build a stout enclosure, and call it a day.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

The best "real cheap" woofer around IMO are the Hifonics Hifis... They can be found for like $25-50 per woofer and are great low cost woofers if you're doing a bunch of them.

Personally with the power you have I'd just buy a single 18" FI SSD fully loaded, build a stout enclosure, and call it a day.

MArlo thank you sir for your input!!

I would like to think that the 6 Re Re's at 300.00 is a pretty smoking deal but since I've been around Hifonics has always been consistantly good with their products even through buy out and re-vamps but heck 150.00 for six of them is an even better deal!!

And any and everyone please fill free to chime in. I have a decently sized OT paycheck coming in on Friday and would like to get some subs ordered/pruchased and in hand and that four channel amp.

And please take all my questions as humble questions and not a battling back reply I appriciate the knowledge and "next level" mentality of this site.

• 1 month later...

<!--quoteo(post=922617:date=Jan 11 2010, 09:58 PM:name=Marlo Stanfield)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marlo Stanfield @ Jan 11 2010, 09:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=922617"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The best "real cheap" woofer around IMO are the Hifonics Hifis... They can be found for like $25-50 per woofer and are great low cost woofers if you're doing a bunch of them.

Personally with the power you have I'd just buy a single 18" FI SSD fully loaded, build a stout enclosure, and call it a day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

MArlo thank you sir for your input!!

I would like to think that the 6 Re Re's at 300.00 is a pretty smoking deal but since I've been around Hifonics has always been consistantly good with their products even through buy out and re-vamps but heck 150.00 for six of them is an even better deal!!

And any and everyone please fill free to chime in. I have a decently sized OT paycheck coming in on Friday and would like to get some subs ordered/pruchased and in hand and that four channel amp.

And please take all my questions as humble questions and not a battling back reply I appriciate the knowledge and "next level" mentality of this site.

Hey guys quick update on the system!!

But I now have all my amps I have my two sets of components sitting here and I still havent purchased subs buuuuuuuuuuut I am jumping on the bandwagon of a buddy of mines.

So here goes,I am now looking for 8 decently priced 8" subs. Any sugestions I'm again looking for something decently priced and decent quality. let me know what you guys have and have seen around!!

Edited by Quinny

Hey guys quick update on the system!!

But I now have all my amps I have my two sets of components sitting here and I still havent purchased subs buuuuuuuuuuut I am jumping on the bandwagon of a buddy of mines.

So here goes,I am now looking for 8 decently priced 8" subs. Any sugestions I'm again looking for something decently priced and decent quality. let me know what you guys have and have seen around!!

i know ur not looking for something this expensive but i just had to throw this out just so u can have a good laugh ..

an asshole moves in by twistedchild420

idk how to embed on page

Edited by jl_audio

cowboys_logo.gif