Why am I not getting Any Output!!! HELP PLEASE!

im about 90% positive the sub output is turned on, on the headunit, the ground is on one of the bolts to my frame holding the rear seat down. ( its never been an issue. the setup has worked previously but has decided not to latley..i grinded/sanded the spot down good for connection

BIG STICK

2005 Chevy Malibu 3.5L v6 (Impound Status)

(New) Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D - Courtesy of Maxxonics

(2) Kenwood KAC-8402 Amps for mids & Highs (ok for now..)

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP Head Unit

(4) 6.5" Soundstream Tarantula's

(2) 5.2" Soundstream Tarantula's

(6) 1" Tweeters

(2) Fi BL 15"

BX15 Soundstream Bass Booster

0g Streetwire

sounds like the voltage is HELLA dropping if your speakers crackle when tuning the gains.

could my electrical syatem be failing from to much of a drop/ to much being pulled - side note i am still working with my stock alternator.. havnt yet met up w. Dom yet..

BIG STICK

(6) 1" Tweeters

(2) Fi BL 15"

0g Streetwire

could my electrical syatem be failing from to much of a drop/ to much being pulled - side note i am still working with my stock alternator.. havnt yet met up w. Dom yet..

if your trying to run a separate highs amp AND a 2kw amplifier and the speakers start to crackle when you turn the SUB gain up, that tells me that its most likely the electrical system. a stock alternator cant output that much power. you can probably get away with 1000rms (all amps combined) before you upgrade.

tune your BXIs' gains for about 700-800rms and you shouldnt have THAT much voltage drop.

Edited by Kranny

i was probly around 7-800rms when it started to crack etc. each amp has a toggle switch on the remote wire's, so i had the amp for my mids/highs off at the time, im just wondering if my alt. is about to beat it.. few months ago there was no problem, the stock alts 105amps even though it still uses like half to run the car, another thing thats just pickin at me is when it was working i had the subs wired differntly. (at the time i hadnt seen a QVC before and didnt kno how to wire one so i took a guess and it worked for then, then i got the diagram and they basically havnt worked since i wired them how it said to..i did wire them back to how i had them but still nothing..

and i did take the volt meter to the outputs and got nothing, like once or twice it bumped up and read like .01 or somthing, not enough to do anything then it went back down

BIG STICK

(6) 1" Tweeters

(2) Fi BL 15"

0g Streetwire

turn the sub on your head unit all the way up

along with your bass nob, then try turning the gain on the amp up

turn the bass knob and gain all the way up? thats asking for trouble IMO

edit: but turning the sub level as high as it goes is generally the right thing to do.

Edited by Kranny