Sonic Electronix

what would be the labor cost for installing a system on an suv

Typical prices for a head unit would be $30 on the low end and $50 on the high end. Amps would be $40 on the low end and $80 on the high end. Every shop is different. My friend that works at a shop in Portland told me that the majority of their money comes from installs. He claims they don't make dick on straight up gear. Who knows if he's right because dude is generally full of shit.

well i mean it sound pretty resonable if he puts it that way

cowboys_logo.gif

I would charge any where from $90-150 depending on car, size of wire, and what not.

A rate of $35+ an hour is not uncommon.

yeah thats very true well am just trying to figure this out i mean am not a professional but for the kind of work i do 90 bucks will be pretty reasonable

cowboys_logo.gif

I did all my own and I have really never put a system in on request, but 65 - 80 dollars I would think is very low. Of the top of my head I was thinking $45.00 an hour because to do it right requires a lot of work.

right alot of back breaking work but i think its fun to do am kinda feeling $100 on dis one

cowboys_logo.gif

what kind of SUV??? a Tahoe is gonna be alot easier than say a Grand Cherokee

your right on that one! my burb is way easier to work on than my grand!!!!!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

for my friends and family i do free, because i'll need there help with something some day and they wont charge me. someone who is not a friend i'd do an hourly of 25-35, or flat rate if you know about how long its gonna take you. so ya around 100-140 bucks if its only gonna take 4 hours or so. plus depends on how much you like the guy lol.

reaper.png

at my shop, we charge $55 labor for regular cdpalyers, $85-$120 for flipouts, double dins, navigations..... and $85 labor for running amp wires.... and that does not include wires, dash kit, harness, any parts..... and our labor has a lifetime warranty as long as the customer doesnt fuck with it....

but if its a GOOD friend, fuck it, make him buy you food and some beers and do the shit as a favor....

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)