Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Kicker CVX 15 enclosure


rckstar

Recommended Posts

Posted

3.5 cubic foot box with a 40 square inch port opening that is 19.5 inches long it will tune at 35Hz (recomendation from Kicker)

Ive put in this into WinIsd and the tuning ends up at 30hz :aggressive:

Can someone please verify whether the tuning for that airspace is correct

Heres what i ve drawn up so far < Please leave feed back :-) > Units in metric system as im from South Africe

Regards,

Pradheep

Cvx15.jpg

my motto: hit it, quit it, never admit it :D
Posted
3.5 cubic foot box with a 40 square inch port opening that is 19.5 inches long it will tune at 35Hz (recomendation from Kicker)

Ive put in this into WinIsd and the tuning ends up at 30hz :aggressive:

Can someone please verify whether the tuning for that airspace is correct

Heres what i ve drawn up so far < Please leave feed back :-) > Units in metric system as im from South Africe

Regards,

Pradheep

Cvx15.jpg

well I had that same problem, ya see what it is, in their calculations they add speaker displacment so dont calc that and try to calc it now, should be pretty close.

I had to wait 4 hours on a phone too find that out :01nocomment8so:

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

Posted

Hey guys ,

I took the 3.5 cubes added bracing and port volume to that, cos I assumed the 3.5cu.ft was the net air space,

Polecat, is that okay, and is the design Alfanso from kicker gave me a good spec?

I normally mail him when I have queries, but didnt want to be a bit of a pest as I asked him lots of questions thus far lol.

my motto: hit it, quit it, never admit it :D
Posted

3.5 cu is fine, another good SPL guru since Alfonso is no longer here is Jerimy Brown, he's our SPL guru. His direct email is [email protected]

they play in a wide range of ensloure sizes, so I think your fine.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Posted

dont make multiple threads of the same thing...its really annoying...have patience for a responce

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

 

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

 

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

 

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Posted

Sorry bout that,

Wasnt sure which section tp post in so I copied the link across,

Polecat, Bretts helping me out thanks,

Chode u can lock the thread if you want to

my motto: hit it, quit it, never admit it :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 537 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...