Arnold55 Posted January 16, 2010 Report Posted January 16, 2010 any working with an Fi SSD? looking to see what yall think about the 18" and how it sounds for 800W rms. I looked for the peak power on the site but couldnt find it, so im not sure if i can power it at 1000rms. need to buy soon so need some info. thanks guys
Guest jbinn Posted January 16, 2010 Report Posted January 16, 2010 I have the 15" D1 with copper coils and im only running it @ 400RMS and let me tell you it SMACKS I can only imagine the 18" @ 800RMS. As far as power handling if you get BP power or flatwind coil it supposidly can handle 300-500 more RMS than the stock version. Get the 18" Copper Coil BP Power and it will take 1000RMS daily. REMEMBER that's only 400RMS with 3" less cone area than the 18" so a BP power 18" with 1000RMS will smack!
tristan560 Posted January 16, 2010 Report Posted January 16, 2010 Ive got 4 15's....ill tell you what im very impressed with the output of these...especially for being fi's lower line. They put my old btl 18's to shame. <u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u> Systemless. <u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u> DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.
Arnold55 Posted January 16, 2010 Author Report Posted January 16, 2010 whats the d1? do you have any videos? its going in my friends hummer and we got a budget we are working with. we were looking at some dc audio but the one he wants its like 500 haha soo we are looking at this sub. right now he has two mtx 12" jackhammers lol. so hopefully we will see a big difference haha
Guest jbinn Posted January 16, 2010 Report Posted January 16, 2010 I went from two 15" Kicker Comp 250RMS each (so on my 500RMS amplifier they were maxed out) and I must say on the SAME power this single Fi SSD was TWICE as loud... The D1 is Dual 1 OHM Voice Coils (1 OHM for 2 sub setup, 2 OHM for 1 sub setup) I did it that was for future proofing and because my current amp is 2ohm stable. I put a video up in my last post, check it. If you put the 18" SSD in a hummer it will get hella loud, I recommend the SAZ-1200 or SAZ-1000 if you get the BP power SSD an I'd run the 1000RMS to it, you won't be dissapointed for under $300 a loaded SSD is the way to go.
Arnold55 Posted January 16, 2010 Author Report Posted January 16, 2010 I went from two 15" Kicker Comp 250RMS each (so on my 500RMS amplifier they were maxed out) and I must say on the SAME power this single Fi SSD was TWICE as loud... The D1 is Dual 1 OHM Voice Coils (1 OHM for 2 sub setup, 2 OHM for 1 sub setup) I did it that was for future proofing and because my current amp is 2ohm stable. I put a video up in my last post, check it.If you put the 18" SSD in a hummer it will get hella loud, I recommend the SAZ-1200 or SAZ-1000 if you get the BP power SSD an I'd run the 1000RMS to it, you won't be dissapointed for under $300 a loaded SSD is the way to go. thats what im looking for but i am worried im going to give him the advice of getting this and it wont be a big difference because of the power range
Arnold55 Posted January 16, 2010 Author Report Posted January 16, 2010 ok we are going with the Fi Q 18" is this what i could expect in the right box and 1000rms?
Guest jbinn Posted January 16, 2010 Report Posted January 16, 2010 If you tune your box to 6-10cu @ 28hz then yes you can expect something like that @ 1000RMS. The Q is a nice subwoofer but dont expect night and day differences between that and the SSD a loaded SSD is very comparible to a stock Q.
mxman38 Posted January 16, 2010 Report Posted January 16, 2010 Ive got 4 15's....ill tell you what im very impressed with the output of these...especially for being fi's lower line. They put my old btl 18's to shame. im switching as well, im glad theres a giant difference. only 30%more cone area too. on topic, why not get a BL?
Arnold55 Posted January 16, 2010 Author Report Posted January 16, 2010 im switching as well, im glad theres a giant difference. only 30%more cone area too.on topic, why not get a BL? its the same power inst it? what would be the difference
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.