got chewed out by a sergeant major

So I live on a military base. Not by choice, but because the army is cheap and doesn't believe in quality control. Anyway, I was driving over to the gym today, music slamming like usual, pulled into the parking lot and got out *BAM* instant sergeant major in my face! (in case you don't know, I'm an E5, sergeant major is E9, you could say he's my boss's-boss's-boss's-boss. :01nocomment8so: ) Starts going on about how he could hear my music, inside the building, with his headphones in.

"Why do you think that is Sergeant?" says the SGM.

"SGM, I guess you need to get some better headphones." I say.

Ooooh boy that didn't go over well! I swear I could see steam coming out of this guys ears! Apparently there's a policy (I secretly knew about it but I ignored it) that says you can get a ticket if your music can be heard 25ft away. So he threatened to demote me and take my pay, because I'm setting a bad example for other soldiers. The whole time I'm thinking, "We're at the gym, on a Saturday, and the nearest houses are two miles away... It's not like I'm driving through your neighborhood or nothing." Not to worry, I've escaped trickier situations, so no harm done! Just stupidity like that gets on my nerves.

We need extremely loud motivational music to get going in the morning, amiright? :hairtrick:

"Why do you think that is Sergeant?" says the SGM.

"SGM, I guess you need to get some better headphones." I say.

just my opinion, but why would you say that to him?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

just my opinion, but why would you say that to him?

I hate one-answer-questions that really aren't questions at all. The way he said it you KNOW he was expecting "Because my music was too loud SGM" but that's no fun! And I got enough rank that I can get away with being a little bit of a smartass.

Thats pretty funny actually. I have mad respect for military people, but when they let it go to their head like that its ok to let a little smart ass remark slip lol.

i think i just gave myself a concussion i facepalmed so hard.

and for the 1's that dont like me.....

well, Im still here fuckers. Cant get rid of me that easy.

My CSM would have beat your ass if you said that to him, he's old school and doesn't mind having "combatives" training any time he feels necessary. Once he was done making you his bitch he would have gone about his day like nothing happened. NCO's set the standard and you knew you were in violation of the rules so you deserve what you get. Too many punks get promoted to SGT these days that don't have any idea what it means to be an NCO. If you were a true NCO you would have never talked back to a SGM and if I was there and saw it happening I would have dug into your ass right along with him.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

And I got enough rank that I can get away with being a little bit of a smartass.

You have enough rank to think you can get away with it, it comes off way easier than you got it. Remember BE, KNOW, DO...

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Archived