fabric to use with fiberglass

for a sub box you want to start with Fleece, make sure you soak both sides of the material and saturate it with the resin. It will be a thicker, stronger base for you to start laying the glass down on. Grill cloth is great for getting those hard to make bends and angles but it has no strength so more glass is required to make it rigid. FYI I always spray the inside of my fiberglass boxes with sound deadener or if you want a cheap way out the rubberized undercoating from walmart or autozone. Fiberglass boxes can resonate more for some reason and when you spray this inside the box it reduces standing sound waves and reduces vibration.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

ponte works the best for me it comes out alot smoother than fleece and i dont mind adding a layer or two of more glass.

fleece works very well if you dont care about doing body work but hate glassing, itll take less layers of glass to get it strong, but will require more work to get it to lay flat

i dont know about speaker grill cloth ive never used the stuff, so i cant say either or

Roseville, CA

Fleece or grille cloth

I generally like grille cloth better because it requires less resin to soak the fabric than fleece and is better for more intricate projects. For an enclosure fleece is fine.

DSCN1363.jpg

Door panels I used grille cloth on. After resin cured before any glass

Grill cloth=fail,it crack's and sag's,you have to put like 10 layer's of fiberglass plus resin,still have put bondo,a bunch of sanding ect.

Fleece=success,strength,less layers of resin and glass,if you put enough resin on the first time you don't have to sand as much.

I bet my doughter could break a grill cloth center console or door pod, unless it has just as much time,effort and sanding as a fleece one.And to those who don't like sanding resin.After you fleece and put resin do this.Step 1 get a grinder and grind on your project lightly,then put a layer of resin and glass.step 2 Grind a little bit more,and put another layer of glass and resin or bondo.step 4 If you chose bondo then get your d.a. sander and start your sanding.If you chose more layers continue until you feel it's strong enough,then go to step 4.

-josh :give_rose:

wunna play halo?

Grill cloth=fail,it crack's and sag's,you have to put like 10 layer's of fiberglass plus resin,still have put bondo,a bunch of sanding ect.

Fleece=success,strength,less layers of resin and glass,if you put enough resin on the first time you don't have to sand as much.

I bet my doughter could break a grill cloth center console or door pod, unless it has just as much time,effort and sanding as a fleece one.And to those who don't like sanding resin.After you fleece and put resin do this.Step 1 get a grinder and grind on your project lightly,then put a layer of resin and glass.step 2 Grind a little bit more,and put another layer of glass and resin or bondo.step 4 If you chose bondo then get your d.a. sander and start your sanding.If you chose more layers continue until you feel it's strong enough,then go to step 4.

-josh :give_rose:

obviously you have no experience with grille cloth. like i said it is easier to work with for smaller things.i bet you like D.A sanding fleece blanket, and or kitty hair dont you. besides this shit is made to look nice not to have some dam kids kicking and ruining all your nice stuff. grill cloth = less sanding. you just have to resin the outside and inside. trust me, c45 and myself have plenty of glassing experience.

dont give faulty 411 on materials you have no experience with.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

would kitty hair be needed for the grill cloth?

not if the thing is small and no kids are kicking or trying to demolish your stuff.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Archived