DC Sound Lab

wires too hot on my DCs

he could have it wrong .. if wiring in series he could have one coil wired wrong . thats what I am saying instead of hot to hot and ground to ground he could have it hot to ground ground to hot ... get it ?

in a hurry and plug & play and accidentley wires backwards on 2nd coil when jumping ....

Edited by Tooshort064

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

i think i found the problem the nuts were loose that hold the wires on the back of the sub box. i thightend them up and retried for ten minutes and they stayed cold the whole time. my subs do get warm and i dont smell coil but i may have smelled a little tonight and man do i have a burnt finger lol.

mobile chornobyl

im using knu's 8ga power wire for my speaker wire... and i dont think its getting warm... then again.. most of the time.. my gain is way down (mids cant keep up)...

i would turn the gain down...

edit:

if its sparking.. somthing is shorting... check that first...

edit again...

nvm... lol

pics would be helpful

Edited by spl4life

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Pics?

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu147/b.../Image001-1.jpg this is where it was hotest and i couldnt tell the nuts were loose because they had kind of welded themselfs in place and they burnt the shit outa my fingers when i checked them

mobile chornobyl

i think i found the problem the nuts were loose that hold the wires on the back of the sub box. i thightend them up and retried for ten minutes and they stayed cold the whole time. my subs do get warm and i dont smell coil but i may have smelled a little tonight and man do i have a burnt finger lol.

X2 that. Is what I was thinking you have to torque them down or they will build up. A lot of heat I always go over them with goop after all connections are good and tight to keep them from backing off.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

X2 that. Is what I was thinking you have to torque them down or they will build up. A lot of heat I always go over them with goop after all connections are good and tight to keep them from backing off.

i was going to do that a couple of months ago but forgot i just nuted up when i seen them burning because i had just hooked up a new amp. i will be geting them gooped up now.

mobile chornobyl

im using knu's 8ga power wire for my speaker wire... and i dont think its getting warm... then again.. most of the time.. my gain is way down (mids cant keep up)...

i would turn the gain down...

edit:

if its sparking.. somthing is shorting... check that first...

edit again...

nvm... lol

pics would be helpful

i deserved that

mobile chornobyl