Sundown Audio

Wierd amp issue; fixed

OrionStang

Ok, I installed my new DC xl 12, plug my amp back in and got almost no sound from the sub, just some wierd noises. So with the music still playin, I figure i'll switch the RCA's. When I unplug the first one, boom, the sub starts bangin. First question, how could one rca work and both make it quiet? 2nd question, i'm only getting a 2-4 volt reading on my dmm at the speaker output, why is this? The shit is loud with one rca, but sounds lacking, i need help to figure this out.

EDIT: I should add that I sold the rf processor and am using a high-end signal converter made by Helix(german).

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

run rca cables from the headunit straight to the amp. if it works then, then something is wrong with the german converter. if not, it could be your headunit or the rca cable itself.

Edited by Kranny

run rca cables from the headunit straight to the amp. if it works then, then something is wrong with the german converter. if not, it could be your headunit or the rca cable itself.

Head units stock, hence the use of converter, rca's brand new. Maybe the settings of the converter. Its complicated, 3 summed-seperate switches and different gains for each pair of channels. The entire manual in deutsch of course.

I'll talk to the dealer about the converter settings, but anyone know why the speaker output voltage is so low, yet sub still hits pretty hard?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

One channel has to be out of phase.

1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps

WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!

One channel has to be out of phase.

Yes the problem is the hi/lo converter is out of phase. Just switch one of the speaker wires on the hi/lo

2009 Db Drag National Champ, Super Street No Wall

Team XS-SPL

Team Hertz/Audison

Team Crossfire Car Audio

California's reason for earthquakes!

"If you ain't first, your last!"

So check it out, the input/output is something like this

Input side: Output side:

Main+

Main- Main RCA R

Main- Main RCA L

Main+

Ch1+

Ch1- Ch1 R RCA

Ch1- Ch1 L RCA

Ch1+

Ch2+

Ch2- Ch2 R RCA

Ch2- Ch2 L RCA

Ch2+

I got the subs going off the rear speakers to the main in, and i'm only getting one channel out, if I plug in both rca's, I get no bump, just some low background noise. You'll think this converter is more hype than the quality the price suggests?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread