Sundown Audio

10v amp troubles

Tebo

Heres my problem with a bit of back story leading up to the problem. I was sliding around in a parking lot in the snow in my 97 chevy malibu, ive got an amp rack mounted in my truck parallel to my back seat. There is some room behind the back seat which is where my second battery is located, stinger spv70. Well i switched things up and was in a hurry to get to work and didnt secure the battery in anyway. While doing my "snow donuts" the positive 1/0 ripped out of the ring terminal connected to the batt from my optima under the hood cutting off all flow. Now i ran my mb quart 80x4 and hifonics 1200 watt mono off this battery for like 1.5 weeks then my system wouldnt work. I tore through the whole car looking for a problem found the problem hooked it back up and it worked for another 1.5 weeks. Driving down the road yesterday the 4 channel shuts off, no protect jsut shuts off. I hooked the car up to charger because the batts were sitting at like 12.4 woke up this morning they are sitting at 13.3 When i start the car the power light and red indicator light on the front of the amp come on and then shut off after 3 seconds. Did draining my battery and running it at such a low voltage kill the power supply on my amp? The mono turns on just fine and works perfectly. Any help would be awesome

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

already did that, everything checked out. I even pulled the amp and hooked it up to my front battery with a jumper going the power to remote and it didnt turn on.

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Well i figured it blew the amp so i pulled the amp and put my rear speakers up for sale. My front components are running rear channel headunit power for now. Ultimate ghetto but it will have to work =(

Are you using a relay for the remote? And I assume the remote went back to your deck

Very occasionally when this happens the voltage in the remote circuit is too different to the input voltage and this pops a transistor in the remote turn on circuit.

Breakdown voltage Emitter-Base on the transistors in most amps is ~5v. So if you had less than 9.4v on the input and the car was running you would probably kill it.

EDIT: Normal Base-Emitter voltage difference limit is ~1v.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Are you using a relay for the remote? And I assume the remote went back to your deck

Very occasionally when this happens the voltage in the remote circuit is too different to the input voltage and this pops a transistor in the remote turn on circuit.

Breakdown voltage Emitter-Base on the transistors in most amps is ~5v. So if you had less than 9.4v on the input and the car was running you would probably kill it.

EDIT: Normal Base-Emitter voltage difference limit is ~1v.

Yeah i have my remote running from my deck to my amp mount where it splits in 2 one for the mono and one for the 4 channel, the mono amp still turns on so its a problem with the remote. I pulled the amp and hook it up directly to my optima in the front and jumped the remote from the power to see if it would turn on and no go. Oh well i guess shit happens

Archived