Second Skin Audio

what yall think?

im not that good wit paint but i designed the best i can how im thinkin bout doin my new box and amp rack type thing, if yall have any questions about it will be much apreciated

box will be made from 13ply 3/4'' birch plywood, not really need double baffle but will be recessed with another piece of 3/4 above single baffle, all holes rounded over, wires will prolly be in that flex tube stuff they got on ebay to clean it up a lil bit with some plastic pipe clamps to hold wires in place

i will soon go active n use my pr150.2 to run my 8's n run mids off rear channel of 4ch n tweets off front channel, but now i got 8's ran from rear channel n comps n coax's ran from fronts

this is what im thinkin bout doing, i need rear fill anyways till i can afford some kick panels, ied make some but ied rather keep everything that is factory factory so if i have to get rid of my truck n get a family car i wont be out much when i put it all back

newsetup-1.jpg

dunno if yall can see it or not, now im either gunna do that type setup w/o the pr150.2 for time being till i run active and just use my 4ch for midbass and mids n highs, but here is were the question comes into play

i need rear fill but i dnt need all that box for a 6&1/2 n i got places on the sides behind front doors below side windows were my rear speakers go n ive had em in there befor when i had that one ported box in n it sounded ok, i already put peal n seal on the lil speaker baffles n doors and in were my rear speakers go so its pritty damn solid n since my stock speakers were 6&3/4 im gunna make a new baffle for the front mids to mount to out of 1/2'' birch i got layin around so it will work better

now would i get better sound with that setup^ or just slap a ported box behind the seat and do some kinda amp rack n just put rear coax were factory holes are?

i want to go all out on this setup cause dad got me a big ass roll of carpet that matches my stock carpet in my truck so it will look hella clean in first pic but wanna kno if its a lil overkill?

i'll make a lil false floor on bottom n put my battery under it or take out the jack mount in my cubby hole n put my stinger sp800 in there n just run wires like that

wires will be ran threw holes were my coax n midbass are, i'll prolly go get one of those 500ft or 1000ft spools of audiopipe 14awg speaker wire off ebay for this

so what yall think? i can do some clean work but i want to try somethin diff with this, oh and the amp rack will be below the back window

oh and doin all this work n make it clean n shit will someone more likely want to steal it like this since u can get to everything unlike how my box is now were u gotta take out the front seats n shit to just get the subs in and out?

sry for long ass post but i want to ask all questions in one post so ppl kinda kno were im comein from, lemmie kno smb

this aint for the system of the month or anything, its just to show kinda what i can do, i can fiberglass but its to cold n dont set up right wit 15degree weather lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh ya, the only screws i use is for speakers n amps n what knot, i build with elmers wood glue and 2'' brad nails n silicone caulk

the box mtx designed for the thunder 8000 line they used 1'' mdf n i use 3/4 baltic birch n 2'' brad nails n ive yet to break this box or subs come out from a down fire, box dont flex what so ever, i guess birch ftw lol

i got 2 4ftx8ft sheets of 3/4 baltic birch in teh other basement waitin to get cut up for bass so what yall think will be best, i'll pay for designs too if that helps

i wanted to do somethin like this but with just 2 15's n prolly sealed or maby bandpass/ported or w/e it is

33ej3nc.jpg

sphinxbccp designed that box for fun i guess n i was thinkin bout building it n see how it came out, ied put charcoal flex stone with white paint inside n blue led strips for that glow

i listen to alot of rap, rock, and country and like some kinda tuneing that will play good wit pritty much all of dem, maby 36htz or what knot will work

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

and ive been debateing on useing a box kinds like logan has wit subs fireing at seats and amps on top of box n just modify the design a lil bit for my rear fill but dunno how loud that would get or not in my truck

i'll prolly take my truck to shows after i get done with this n keep it for a while, my downfire wangs like hell tho but ive heard that ported is louder but i unno

dont really like bumpin topics but i kinda want to start on this as soon as possable kinda like tonight or maby tommrow some time

anyone have any kinda feedback about my ideas on if it will work pritty good, or work for that much

and anyone kno a good tuneing or what knot?

and since i listen to alot of diff music would it be better to just run sealed since it doesnt take up as much space as ported?

ive tryed one of my 8000's in a box i built that mtx recomends for pritty much every one of there subs n it played lows pritty good n higher notes too for the most part

would it be easyer to just build 2 of those boxs and screw em together?

any ideas fellas? i wanna start this as soon as possable so i can get to wangin, its still set up like its been but i want to see how these 15's will pound some lows :)

Archived