Sundown Audio

Amp problems?

Chrisn077

i wouldnt use a smaller fuse than recommended for that amp. that is 99% of the reason why your fuses keep blowing and the amp keeps cutting in and out.

but for your grounds, is all of the paint on the metal that the lug is bolted down to cleaned off? meaning a shiny piece of metal is touching 100% of the lug.

Im not using a smaller fuse, im using 25A fuses on the amp. Which is what it came with i thought.

Yes the paint is cleaned off and it is clean metal. and its extremely tight.

18" DC Level 4

Hmmm is this the first time it has done this or have you had it installed a while and its just starting to cause this problem? If it has just been recently installed re-wire your Dual 4 ohms to a 4 ohm load (or just connect a single type R to get a 2 ohm load). Turn your system on and up to see if your are still presented with the same problem. If not then your amp MAY not be 1 ohm stable.. I have tried looking up your amp and I cannot find it either.. Maybe a link with its info? this is just one possibility. If you still have the same problem then its DEFINITELY a voltage problem and you may want to check out the voltage in your car. If those fuses came with the amplifier and u have replaced them with the same fuse sizes as before then that shouldn't be whats causing the problem.

Current build:

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Soundstream EQ

RF Components (5 1/4, 6 1/2, 6x9 x 2)

Two Fi-BTL 15's

One RF T1500-1bd Amplifier

T400-4bd

XS Power 608

XS Power D1200

Optima Yellow top 34

Soon to come:

Another RF T1500-1bd

HO Alt

1-6 more XS power 680

Team D.M.V

n1313997399_261991_8239-1.jpg

Hmmm is this the first time it has done this or have you had it installed a while and its just starting to cause this problem? If it has just been recently installed re-wire your Dual 4 ohms to a 4 ohm load (or just connect a single type R to get a 2 ohm load). Turn your system on and up to see if your are still presented with the same problem. If not then your amp MAY not be 1 ohm stable.. I have tried looking up your amp and I cannot find it either.. Maybe a link with its info? this is just one possibility. If you still have the same problem then its DEFINITELY a voltage problem and you may want to check out the voltage in your car. If those fuses came with the amplifier and u have replaced them with the same fuse sizes as before then that shouldn't be whats causing the problem.

I just looked up the amp its not 1 ohm stable I dont think. The guy i bought it from said it was the same as the 1500D just two channels..

http://www.retrevo.com/search?q=Audiopipe+...odelid=23119829

18" DC Level 4

sounds like a wireing issue, what size power/ ground/ fuse? and whats your voltage dropping to, check your subs resistance with dmm to make sure its about 1 ohm

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

It's not 1ohm stable but you can hook it up as you would a regular amp with each sub on its own channel to run 2ohm and still get max from it, i would look at maybe the AP15001D for your needs,

only if its two ch not mono but if its mono u can run the subs at 4 if thay are dual 4

Archived