Sundown Audio

made a boo boo

speeddemon0308

well too it to the guy today, he hooked it up on the bench and hooked up some speakers, had the gain all the way up and it wasent very loud but he only had it on a 10amp power supply, so thought it wasent putting out alot of power becasue if the small power supply.. hooked it up in the car and nothing at all.

so the amp is now on its way back to the place i bought it to get replaced and then i will have a new one sent back to me!! now i have to play the waitng game!

So...is the used amp now magically covered under warranty?????

this may get a bit confusing...

we bought one used of a forum member, and one new from Rickies disount electronics, got the new one ( was sopose to be BNIB ) looked at it seal was broken.. gave the guy a call and he said if we have any problems he will help us out. so when the amps let go we really had no way of tellin which was which since the both had broken seals. so he said send it back to him and he will send us a new one.

:01nocomment8so:

Not to talk shit on a fellow amp tech... but were they really an amp tech? At the very least they should have been able to tell you what was wrong with it...

im not sure if he was or not. the thing that was wierd when he bench tested it is turne don and powerd a small pair of speakers. buthe had the gain turned all the way up. then we put it in the car and have it turned all the way up and you put yoru hand on the sub and you feel nothing at all.

your lucky, id take waiting for a new amp rather than being bent over any day.

yeah i found out that i could send it back but i still took the drive to see if the guy could fix it to try and save a bit of money.. he couldent so on the wya hom ei stopped and shipped it out.

Josh at Rickies Discount Electronics is a great guy to deal with!

Archived