Sundown Audio

Car amp in room?

st3v3n98

Just hook it to a battery with a decent battery charger. done it a bunch of times

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

i heard something about computer amps?? i don't know or it works but then you dont have the problem of a battery that needs to be charged.

What you are hearing about are the pcu power units... well, they work okay i suppose... low low amperage, plus quite pricy in the end. I wired a 15" in a sealed box into my dorm room this year. I had a sealed marine 12V sitting in the garage unused. What you need to do is just wire the amplifier to the battery like normal, (fused), and put the battery onto a trickle/quick charger. I've had "0" problems in the past 3 months, other than the occasional complaints here and there, but it's mainly a weekend toy. Shakes everything in the room, i put it in my closet and it somehow works somewhat like a bandpass?! :)

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Or you can use a Plate Amp, or the SoundDigital FT120, in which you can run a 1000rms amp straight off it with no problems, and it doubles as a charger.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

the best way ive seen is using a old power supply out of a desk top computer it works awsome i got a toggle switch on mine so i can power it up with a flick of a switch just search around on google and u can find how to wire them id look but not at home now i know u have to connect to wires together to get it to send power thru the wires and power up that badboy i ran a rf 500.2 in my room for ever with one of these

Vehicles

93 blazer

99 cavi

big 3

2 re mt 12s

custom box 4cft 40htz

soild audio 1200 wired at .5 ohms

projects

93 s10 blazer

small bock

needing finshed

And make sure it's a sealed battery if you value your carpet and your lungs.

lol ive never used a sealed battery but i thought it was only hydrogen and oxygen that vented from them.

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

lol ive never used a sealed battery but i thought it was only hydrogen and oxygen that vented from them.

Hydrogen goes boom if concentrated enough when introduced to an ignition source.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.