Sonic Electronix

Build pics, Go to post #13 to get started

Well I got the port crap figured out. Now I am moving further into the build. Go to post # 13 to see progress. The rest is trying to figure out port area.

I plan on using 3 4" aero ports that I have in hand, both ends flared, precision ports, and the box is roughly 5 cubes after dd and PD, The subs are 4 RE SE 10"s powered by a JBL BPX2200.1 so power is not an issue. these are going under the rear seat and I plan on side firing the port to the drivers side and the subs are front firing. Seat is raised 4" to get this to fit and the bottom is fiberglass. Ill double the front baf and recess the subs.

I have only used slots and have gone by the 10-15 ci per cf of airspace. Aeros are dif and I'm not a pro on thse suckers. Ill be tuned to around 33 so the ports will be 16-17 long depending on what my final airspace.

Edited by gi joey

Truck 1 96 Silverado Ext cab

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

2 sets of JL XR components

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

141.5 @ DB drag street max 3-4

148.8 outlaw.

Truck 2 silverado 2500HD Ext Cab- Building this truck now

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

Subs under rear bench lifted 4"

have you tried going to the precision port website, you can find out all the information you need there.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

have you tried going to the precision port website, you can find out all the information you need there.

On the PP site they only give you a port calc but nothing in regards to the ci needed for aeros. Kinda sucks. I know reg round ports dont need as much PA and I heard aeros need even less. On the port calc they have you can put 1 3" port for a 10CC box. It wont give you any kind of warning or error.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

I have acopy of BassBoxPro from HarrisTech. Get me some speaker specs and I will input it and see what I come up with.

They are just RE SE 10"s nothing fancy. 18MM of x max. The box will be 5.9 before any port displacement.

newboxround.jpg

This is my current idea using 2 6" pvc. I fugured roughly 5.3 ft after PD assuming the pvc is 1/8th inch thick so the internal width would actually be 5.75 giving me like 52 ci of port area.

Edited by gi joey

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

your getting about 7 sqin of port per cube with the 3 4" aeros.

i usually got by 8 to 12 sq inch per cube with aeros if im limited on space. if not i try for about 14.

but in your box you have a design for now with just 6 inch pvc your port area will still need to be around 12 to 16 sqin per cube since there isnt any flare on them.

your getting about 7 sqin of port per cube with the 3 4" aeros.

i usually got by 8 to 12 sq inch per cube with aeros if im limited on space. if not i try for about 14.

but in your box you have a design for now with just 6 inch pvc your port area will still need to be around 12 to 16 sqin per cube since there isnt any flare on them.

Damn well I dont think I can get 3 6" pvc in there due to the added length. The damn hump is right in the way. The ports will be over 35" and I just dont have the space to fit them.

So what is the lesser of 2 evils, 4 aeros getting me 7ci or 2 6" pvc getting me 10.5ci going by the internal radius? The ports are side firing so the port noise wont be a huge factor.

I also havent ruled out slot port but the location of the port kinda sucks. It will be like this

newbox.jpg

I know the port placement isnt ideal but not alot of options.

Edited by gi joey

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

if it were me, i would do the 3 4" ones since they are flared.

I will barely be able to fit these 3 in there. Ill have to double baffle the side and i might fiberglass it too. The aeros will have to be cut down on part of the flares. I just mocked this up and all 3 will be pretty much touching a wall. These flaers are freakin huge. I didnt expect them to be so big until I just mocked them up on a cardboard stincle.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

I will barely be able to fit these 3 in there. Ill have to double baffle the side and i might fiberglass it too. The aeros will have to be cut down on part of the flares. I just mocked this up and all 3 will be pretty much touching a wall. These flaers are freakin huge. I didnt expect them to be so big until I just mocked them up on a cardboard stincle.

you might just not have enough room for that setup.