Hello Everyone Im just having a issue here, currently i use windows vista and it has served me well for my uses, But now i kinda want to get Linux.... Iv never heard of it till Treo told me about it... and now i kinda want to get it.. but im scared it will be too complicated. and will i be able to use my programs? like skype and virtual dj ? any info about it will help

any input will be appreciated Thank You :D

so instead of asking me about it you make a thread about it... that's smart... since you can just call me and ask a question.. or go on chat and ask a question... deff not as smart as making this thread...

and yes your dumb ill set you up

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

some windows programs will run through wine (google it). while other windows programs will have an open source/free/often better equivalent.

you can install ubuntu through wubi (again google it) and run a dual boot for a while to play with it. (wubi will install without messing up your windows install, but it is slightly slower due to having to use NTFS versus disk formatting a little more native to linux).

okay last question, im about to get Ubuntu, but if i dont like it for what ever reason. could i get back to vista?

I think what you need to do is use an Ubuntu startup disk and play with it first. It mounts your hard drives and has USB support so you can test it before you install it. All files will still be accessible on your C: drive.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/