Louder Front Stage

Shibby

I was wondering how I should go about making my front stage louder. I am running infinity perfect 6.1s at the moment and I was wonder if you guys think it would make the front stage louder by adding another set of components or should I add a midbass driver and making the infinitys my midrange and tweets. Want to get the front stage loud and still be clear so I dont want to just put in a set of components that are loud and sound like crap. Thanks alot for the help

Adding more comps. a midbass driver will improve sound quality, but won't really make it louder at all. Although with a midbass driver you can raise your HPF on your comps and feed them more power.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

There's a couple of different ways to do it

1 just more sets of speakers and amps

2 Build you own set components that will take more power and put more power to them.

I just did Selenium 1"Tweets

Selenium Horns with B&C lenses

B&C mid range 6.5's

and B&C midbass 8's

Now I'm looking to put about 12-1500w to my front stage. I just haven't picked out the amp yet.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I was leaning to getting another set of comps. but didnt really know. Also this will sound alot like a newbe question but it is ok to put two sets of componts on the same channel of an amp as long as the amp can handle the ohms. Didnt know if I would have problems with the two different crossovers interfering with each other, and finally what do you think add another set of perfects and keep everthing looking alike or get a different(better) set of componts.

Yes you can run the comps in parallel. And I like to have a uniform look throughout my car, so I'd stick with the same brand of components. Those are pretty nice ones too.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I'm not making my own x-over thats way over my head too, but I will purchase one that will fit my needs.

Try looking at the pro audio PA side, sometimes you can get a fit for your needs.

I too don't like the mix matched look so I like to cover my setups. I'm not a big fan of seeing a bunch of speakers mounted to the doors.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived