In need of DSM Gurus help ASAP!

1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. 5 speed man.

Motor is the 4G63 (2.0 Turbo)

So my buddy just bought a 1991 Talon Tsi and before he bought it the previous owner said it started twice but ran shitty now it won't start at all. It just turns over. What can be wrong? The previous owner was suggesting a bad intake manifold gasket. that wouldnlt have anything to do with it would it?

The guy who owned car before sayd the motor is from a 93 DSM supposedly shipped from Japan.

What can be wrong and how to test diff things?

sorry if any of this is misspelled im on mobile

Derp.

Well we checked spark and it had spark but it honestly looked a little weak. and my buddy had the great idea to pull the out side of the fuel line off the filter and turned the car over and it sprayed a good amount of fuel lol He wasn't thinking to hard lol But when he had it exposed like that with the ignition key on, no fuel came out whatsoever.

Derp.

The early model dsm's were bad about the caps going bad and leaking ruining the computer. The computer is behind the radio about a 30 minute job to check but that is were I would start.

What exactly would I be checking for?

Derp.