For those of you who follow College Football...a red field?

Well you won't have to worry about them having a red field...NCAA made regulations against it, Boise State is the ONLY colored field and shall stay that way. You can only have green fields now.

Taken from the article:

The NCAA has no provision addressing the color of playing surfaces -- at least not yet -- because it hasn't had to consider the issue outside of the relatively obscure venues at Boise State and Division II University of New Haven, which installed its own blue turf last year. If it goes through with it, then, EWU's lava motif will be breaking ground on what promises to be a run on multi-colored turf by publicity-starved schools across the country; eventually, somebody somewhere is going to go with black. (I'm looking at you, Idaho.)

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Ever watched a home game of theirs? Or the fact they wear* the dark blue/orange helmet jerseys that match the field? Which in turns blends them into the field making it harder for defenses to figure out wtf is going on? Boise State is over rated anyway. :01nocomment8so:

That is a good point...never gave that much of a thought. They are definitely over rated right now...but the coming season when they play a couple big name schools like Virginia Tech should be interesting to see the outcome.

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I was so sure I heard on ESPN awhile ago that green turf would only be allowed...Hmm lol None the less its kinda lame, but the whole thing with the jersey's matching the field would be/well is an unfair advantage. But what about schools like Michigan State that wear green jersey's would that be an unfair advantage?

That is a good point...never gave that much of a thought. They are definitely over rated right now...but the coming season when they play a couple big name schools like Virginia Tech should be interesting to see the outcome.

Yes I know, I can't wait. I will be at Fed Ex for that game.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

I was so sure I heard on ESPN awhile ago that green turf would only be allowed...Hmm lol None the less its kinda lame, but the whole thing with the jersey's matching the field would be/well is an unfair advantage. But what about schools like Michigan State that wear green jersey's would that be an unfair advantage?

Interesting point....maybe someone should do up a brown field to match the ball....some real unfair advantage! Lol.

Yes I know, I can't wait. I will be at Fed Ex for that game.

Damn that would be fun! I much prefer college over the pro's. Not that the Gopher's deserved the new stadium here because they blow.....but going to a game at the new field is awesome! Camp Randal in WI is an awesome experience too.

Taken from the article:

The NCAA has no provision addressing the color of playing surfaces -- at least not yet -- because it hasn't had to consider the issue outside of the relatively obscure venues at Boise State and Division II University of New Haven, which installed its own blue turf last year. If it goes through with it, then, EWU's lava motif will be breaking ground on what promises to be a run on multi-colored turf by publicity-starved schools across the country; eventually, somebody somewhere is going to go with black. (I'm looking at you, Idaho.)

Thats weird. On NCAA10 for the ps3 it brings up "fun facts" while loading. It said that Boise was the exception n that they are not letting any other school use a color besides green. Hmm...? I like the red field tho, They should either make boise change theres. Or allow others to do so aswell

Rebuild in progress...

Thats weird. On NCAA10 for the ps3 it brings up "fun facts" while loading. It said that Boise was the exception n that they are not letting any other school use a color besides green. Hmm...? I like the red field tho, They should either make boise change theres. Or allow others to do so aswell

From what I understand there was discussion about making it the "rule" to have green fields, but it never passed. I could be wrong, but from what I had read the schools/coaches did not want to completely rule out the ability to change the color of their fields down the line if they wanted to.

Archived