Second Skin Audio

thanks raytard, got it now........

what up homies.........thanks for looking in on this. Building a new enclosure today and have a couple questions. Appreciate any feedback.

2009-12-13-2118-13_edited.jpg

its for my 4 type r 12's. Blowthrough that is double baffle 1 1/8" mdf (2 1/4"), back is 1 7/8", and sides, top, and bottom are all doubled up 3/4". designing some bracing and will end up with 9.2 cubes after displacement of subs and port. Internal measurements are 61 5/8 wide, 16 tall, and depending on your input, will figure out depth. I am running about 750 rms to each sub if that helps. my questions are...

1. can I run part of my port in the box, and let whatever remaining length I need run out of the box? Inverting subs, so can design to look good with them :ph34r: (only thinking this because I cant go deep enough to get a 21 ish port length without raising my box volume.... :crazy:

2. and with 120sq" of port, 9.2 cubes internal volume, what length does my port need to be to get 34hz?

I really appreciate your help and will be starting a build log soon.

Edited by 98crewcab

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

you can run part of the port out of the box and it will work fine. you can also make it into a T style port, just make the part that uses the back of the box 1/2 the width of the main port, and a little V in the center to help direct air couldnt hurt(or even splitting it in half and making it into two L ports)

and as far as tuning you're right on, about 20-21 inches of port will get you down to 34 hz, give or take a bit each way. i'm sure you can do the volume measurements for the internal and whatever port style youre going with, youre basically looking for 9.6 net internal, a port thats 120sq in by 21 long. make the depth whatever you need to compensate for where the port is going and whether the subs are inverted, but you're probably looking around 25 inches (give or take again)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

you can run part of the port out of the box and it will work fine. you can also make it into a T style port, just make the part that uses the back of the box 1/2 the width of the main port, and a little V in the center to help direct air couldnt hurt(or even splitting it in half and making it into two L ports)

and as far as tuning you're right on, about 20-21 inches of port will get you down to 34 hz, give or take a bit each way. i'm sure you can do the volume measurements for the internal and whatever port style youre going with, youre basically looking for 9.6 net internal, a port thats 120sq in by 21 long. make the depth whatever you need to compensate for where the port is going and whether the subs are inverted, but you're probably looking around 25 inches (give or take again)

man, that t port idea sounds awesome. didnt really want to port out of the box, and didnt even cross my mind that I could do it your way. thanks tons bro. that solved a few problems.

7" BDS HC lift kit

tablet in lieu of deck

4 Alpine type r 10's

2 brutus brx5000.5's

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

alrighty then raytard, smooth start, and back to boomin soon :clapping: thanks for your help yesterday

here are some teaser pics from the start, once I get some more materials, will start the build log

my 12 year old daughter, inside the port......

IMG_2842.jpg

my 3 year olds new playhouse....another port pic

IMG_2844.jpg

made my own "jasper jig"

IMG_2838.jpg

next to 2 liter of dew for comparison......hoping for a little :hairtrick:

IMG_2846.jpg

front baffle, 2 1/4"

IMG_2840.jpg

7" BDS HC lift kit

tablet in lieu of deck

4 Alpine type r 10's

2 brutus brx5000.5's

I can't believe you can get 4 12's and ports across... you guys are lucky with your huge-ass cars. I can just barely get 2 15's across most vehicles here and then I have to put the port on a different face...

i feel your pain

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

lol, yea, as a blowthrough, I have 64 1/2" to work with :spiteful:

7" BDS HC lift kit

tablet in lieu of deck

4 Alpine type r 10's

2 brutus brx5000.5's

Hell yeah homie lookin good!

Been waitin to see some work on this thing :)

64 1/2... Assuming with the rear side panels out? I think I remember i had 63 1/2 between the side panels

Get back to work!

lol, thats with the side panels out.....glassing some new ones, inspired by your build, to house some of the 6.5's on the lower end and 4's higher up....

will make you proud homie :clapping: will pm you when I finally start a build log. still gathering parts. accordian boot came yesterday, bearings for alt install will be here early next week, wire soon, once funds are there. thinking 250' of 0 gauge to start....still need to do some battery shopping. want to mount amps on roof, so still have to figure that out.....

SOON MAN SOON :ph34r:

7" BDS HC lift kit

tablet in lieu of deck

4 Alpine type r 10's

2 brutus brx5000.5's