The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Anyone seen this?

I just finished watching it, and was very impressed by it.

It's the last movie Heath Ledger was in before his death. In fact, he died in the middle of filming.

The movie involved Ledger's character traveling through a mirror to other worlds. They had filmed all of the 'real' world scenes before he died, leaving only the alternate worlds to film.

Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell play Ledger's role (Tony) in the alternate worlds.

I highly recommend this movie.

Edited by imnotmikal
On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Yep, kind of wish I had convinced my group to see Crazy Heart instead (as we had originally intended) because the screener for this came out a day or two later, but still a decent movie... not the best and easily forgettable but Terry Gilliam is cool.

images-1.jpg

If you're talking about the DVDSCR, that's what I watched, and it was horrible audio quality.

It was DVD video quality, but the audio was CAM audio. I wish I saw it theaters.

That is unusual? I mean, they often combine different audio and video but I'm shocked a screener wouldn't yield audio. Maybe it was a fake screener, odds are it was. Some cams are so good nowadays you can't tell.

Saw a book of eli cam and really wished i had seen that in the theater, the music was cool.. everything was cool.

images-1.jpg

I'm pretty sure this particular DVDSCR was actually an R5. It was damn clear video with no watermarks, which makes me believe it was an R5.

And you watched a CAM? Fuck that shit, I can't deal with those. They lowest I go is TS, and that's only if the movie is like "I kinda want to see it." but anything that's supposed to be crazy badass, I wait for at least an R5

2008 Subaru Forester XT

TS and CAM are different.

A CAM is literally what it sounds like. Someone took a camera into a theater, used default settings, a tripod, and let the regular movie audio be recorded.

A TS is also a camera, but one who's settings and shutter speed are set according to different variables, resulting a better picture, then they have LINE audio, which is usually a FM transmitted signal that movie theaters set up for hearing impaired people.

How I judge quality between the two:

Cam:

Video- ~2/10

Audio- ~2/10

TS:

Video- ~4/10

Audio- ~5/10

Edited by imnotmikal

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Well I like the TS because they mean no heads in the shot or people walking by but will only go to them if I am desperate. That scene shit is annoying, sometimes a perfectly good torrent will be up somewhere and it gets nuked because of some technicality.

images-1.jpg