Tip of lug nuts broke off on lug bolt Help!!!!

i was gettin ready to remove my rims to get ready to sell and the tips of the lugs brok off and is still holding the rim on the truck and have no way to take the wheel off. is there anyway to get them off myself or do i have to take it sumwhere tp get it done. plz help thanks!!!!

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

i was gettin ready to remove my rims to get ready to sell and the tips of the lugs brok off and is still holding the rim on the truck and have no way to take the wheel off. is there anyway to get them off myself or do i have to take it sumwhere tp get it done. plz help thanks!!!!

seldge hammer and a socket thats just a lil smaller then the nut the socket will be dead after but pound that bish on the take it off heating with a tourch will help to

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Guest Scylloga

Let me understand this.Did the nuts round off?

Or did the lug nuts break?

Either way I would take it to a tire shop that way if your wheels get messed up they are responsible.

tip-air guns are your friends lol that would be the best bet. I work at discount tire and when we have that problem witch happend alot specially on dodge's lol not to hate but on those the factory lugs usuall swell up and are hard to remove. What i do is try like they said a smaller socket, if thats a no go we have special sockets that have teeth that grab onto the lug as you have the gun in "reverse" if that makes any sense, hope this helps.

BTW if you dont care about you can try to torche it off, but thats the last resort

hammer + chisel+ holler in a few hours. but to tell you the truth, those shanks should be inside the the wheel unless the are the wrong lugs to start with. You should be able to pull,/pry the wheel off. you could always leave the lugs off and drive it slowley in the yard, or if on the front turn the wheel back and forth till it loosens up,have a friend watch when it wobbles. some wd40 will help. Your gonna have to replace the studs anyways. you should never use a shank lug to center a wheel that wasnt designed for it

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

if there are no threads on the broken part that is still on the studs... i would just grab a sledge hammer and start smacking the tire... a propane or mapgas torch and some pb blaster can be your friend..... but if there are threads... then i would be taking it to a shop...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

tip-air guns are your friends lol that would be the best bet. I work at discount tire and when we have that problem witch happend alot specially on dodge's lol not to hate but on those the factory lugs usuall swell up and are hard to remove. What i do is try like they said a smaller socket, if thats a no go we have special sockets that have teeth that grab onto the lug as you have the gun in "reverse" if that makes any sense, hope this helps.

BTW if you dont care about you can try to torche it off, but thats the last resort

how much would discount tire charge for sumthing like that

hammer + chisel+ holler in a few hours. but to tell you the truth, those shanks should be inside the the wheel unless the are the wrong lugs to start with. You should be able to pull,/pry the wheel off. you could always leave the lugs off and drive it slowley in the yard, or if on the front turn the wheel back and forth till it loosens up,have a friend watch when it wobbles. some wd40 will help. Your gonna have to replace the studs anyways. you should never use a shank lug to center a wheel that wasnt designed for it

gonna try the roll around approach and see if i can wiggle it off

no room for a chisel to fit

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Archived