Tip of lug nuts broke off on lug bolt Help!!!!

honestly i would take it to a shop and be done with it... i wouldnt drill the lugs out... and take a chance in f'in up something more... so is the stuck part threaded? i wouldnt think it would be.... its proble just rusted in there good... get the good ol pb blaster and soak it good and let it sit overnight... then try to get the rim to break free in the morning... if it wont... take it to a shop...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

No joke put the other lugs back on and limp to a shop. It's up to you- I don't know about you but if it costs me $30 for someone else to do it, or I could spend hours working on it I'd rather drop it off and let them be responsible for screwing things up.

I was threading some metal the other day and the tap broke off in the block. I drilled it, used easy outs, screw removers, you name it I just could not get it. Dropped it off with a metal shop for a few hours and paid them 20 bucks instead of messing things up or just wasting more of my time.

G/L

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

HOLY SHITT lol never seen that before, yeah those are def the wrong lugs for the wheels....too late now. Those lugs are used on old style wheels that usually go onto musle cars. We usually in my opinion charge way to much to "burn" wheels locks off $10 a piece witch only takes like 10sec each, and the whole lug is still on the stud. but i never seen this before.

For this i dont know, prob a muffler shop or a mechanic shop where they replace studs. Sucks man....

u guys really need to get rid of those dodges! :friends:

im a chevy man son lol

HOLY SHITT lol never seen that before, yeah those are def the wrong lugs for the wheels....too late now. Those lugs are used on old style wheels that usually go onto musle cars. We usually in my opinion charge way to much to "burn" wheels locks off $10 a piece witch only takes like 10sec each, and the whole lug is still on the stud. but i never seen this before.

For this i dont know, prob a muffler shop or a mechanic shop where they replace studs. Sucks man....

thats high freakin robbers lol but i had an idea after lookin at it b4 the temp dropped 10 degrees get one of those pullers wit the adjusting hooks take of the spindle dust cap and that way i wrench it off that way and i think i seen the tool at work may see if i can borrow it the part of the lugs the broke is straight and flat think it will work?

and the lugs came with rims when i got them!!

i really do appreciate all the input

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Guest Scylloga
No joke put the other lugs back on and limp to a shop. It's up to you- I don't know about you but if it costs me $30 for someone else to do it, or I could spend hours working on it I'd rather drop it off and let them be responsible for screwing things up.

Cant stress this enough. Seriously stop trying to do it yourself and let somebody else mess with it. If they fuck anything up its the shops problem. Otherwise your lookin at having to fix something else if your not extremely careful.

I'll make a note to never, ever use that kind of lug nuts. WTF are they made of, pewter? Lead? Solder? Damn.

they are soft as hell but i havent had to touch them since i got them and where i got them put them on

Cant stress this enough. Seriously stop trying to do it yourself and let somebody else mess with it. If they fuck anything up its the shops problem. Otherwise your lookin at having to fix something else if your not extremely careful.

i havent done anything that would mess up anything but imma call up a few places tomorrow and see whats up and ill keep yal posted on how it goes!!

yeah i DEF take them to a shop, we had a newer cadi come in on 22s with the same lugs....we took one off didnt even mess with the car after that! some ghetto shop put the wheels on we told him to take it back and get them to pay for the fucked up wheels and to replace his studs lol

a lil update i took it to discounttire they said they couldnt do it reffered me to firestone they said they couldnt do it then told me to go to this front end shop after i talked to the dude there he said he could do it so i knew what he was gonna do and i could do that myself. so yesterday after riding on it all week about 30 miles to and from work and to the store i go to pick my lil bro up from school we hear a clunking noise. i stop look at it didnt notice anything so we driving home it start doing it again i was like great bearings is bad now get home jack it up rim is loose hell yes. had to take the rotor off to knock out the studs but its al good now went from spending my rim money to get it fixed to spending lunch money im so happy. thanks for all the input fellas appreciate all the help!!

you would have had to take the rotor off or you did?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Archived