damn it! makes wanna learn how to paint lol that looks sick why you repaint it? just b/c or was the old pain crap?

The old paint was turning to shit. The quarter panel was redone about 4 years ago because I was hit and literally had no clear left on it. Something went wrong with the paint. And since it was painted at my work, our shop warranties the work for life. So basically I asked the shop foreman since it was coming in for warranty work, can I just do an all over if I do the work myself so he said go for it.

In total I paid $200 flat charge for all employees for the materials

$150 to pay the painter

And probably another $50 for other stuff along the way, not too bad considering materials alone cost about $1400

Looks a lot more intensive then you first described it...looking good man :8)

You have no idea lol. Ive been working before work for about an hour, my hour lunch break, an hour and a half after work, and some weekend days for 3-4 hours for the past month. Not to mention another guy who is an estimator has been helping me along the way. Hes probably put in a good 20+ hours himself along with 10 or so hours the paint team has helped me with prepping.

Id say the car has a good 150hours of total work put into it

lookin pretty sick man, my homeboy is a head painter at a body shop and has painted a few of his own cars/trucks. if you know how to do it good there is some good money in it.

here is a older model chevy he painted that changes colors

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

and his 98 mustang gt

DSC01157.jpg

will be lookin forward to finished pics ;)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

can you paint my WHITE car? must be nice paying $400 for a $5000 paint job

The old paint was turning to shit. The quarter panel was redone about 4 years ago because I was hit and literally had no clear left on it. Something went wrong with the paint. And since it was painted at my work, our shop warranties the work for life. So basically I asked the shop foreman since it was coming in for warranty work, can I just do an all over if I do the work myself so he said go for it.

In total I paid $200 flat charge for all employees for the materials

$150 to pay the painter

And probably another $50 for other stuff along the way, not too bad considering materials alone cost about $1400

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

You have no idea lol. Ive been working before work for about an hour, my hour lunch break, an hour and a half after work, and some weekend days for 3-4 hours for the past month. Not to mention another guy who is an estimator has been helping me along the way. Hes probably put in a good 20+ hours himself along with 10 or so hours the paint team has helped me with prepping.

Id say the car has a good 150hours of total work put into it

Dammit boy, good work :clapping:

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

lookin pretty sick man, my homeboy is a head painter at a body shop and has painted a few of his own cars/trucks. if you know how to do it good there is some good money in it.

here is a older model chevy he painted that changes colors

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

and his 98 mustang gt

DSC01157.jpg

will be lookin forward to finished pics ;)

His work looks real nice, not a ding on the either. But yea if you are in an area with a good amount of people, there is some serious money. The head painter at my work makes over $100k a year, and is only 24 years old.

can you paint my WHITE car? must be nice paying $400 for a $5000 paint job

Definitely a great perk of the job, I wish I could hook other people up with the deal that I get, but unfortunately that is much harder said then done.

Dammit boy, good work :clapping:

Thank you sir, will have finished pics up probably tuesday.

looks awsome man

-Car: 2006 Ford expedition King Ranch

-Subs: 2 FI BTLs 18 fully loaded

-amps: 2 sundown SAZ 3000D

-Alternator: DC Power 260 amps

-Batterys: 2 optima yellowtops

-A whole shit load of 0 guage knu hyper flex and raptor cable

-Rockford Fosegate 3sixty

Archived