Sundown Audio

Inside Pics Of Rockford Fosgate T40001bd?

protegeboom

im not sure about the found in hybrid cars thing but from what i was told at the fosgate plant the caps they use are very very specalized and quite pricy to build

some pics to share on the t15k.. ( i tink this is the one meade has, heheh, cos when i took it, they said it was goin inside an escalade. this was in july 2006)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

theres at least one other escalade with one in it...

and im pretty sure i read they were in hybrids...and i think windmill transformers too?

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

FYI, the T40001BD amps are not "built to order." However they are 100% burned in, meaning each and every one is tested before going out the door.

Every amp has a birthsheet - takes a couple minutes to test it before final packaging and the sheet is put in.

But the T40001BD's are all "burned in," meaning ran at all different ohm loads, all different kinds of voltages for a certain period of time - then boxed up and shipped out.

The ones that don't pass the burn in phase go back to production or to engineering.

Not all amps are burned in 100% but these are powerhouses and require a lot of supervision...It's pretty amazing to check out the machines and people that work on these monsters!!!

Also ask Emperor...He toured the entire facility and probably saw these exact amps being burnt in.

There were some pictures floating around from our production plant but I can't seem to find them...

tis true... sry dave but my pics got deleted off my pic hosting site... ill rehost them again tonight and post

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Do not bother to buy refurbished from Rockford Fosgate, do not buy refurbished period.

My T40001bd blew up after TWO DAYS 2ohms on kicker l7's..

I t literally blew up. smoke and all. Remeber 2ohms with adequate power. Quality control my asssss! It was sounded like dodoo from day one. any way. I kept buying Rockford cuz of power but not getting the big pic.

My American VFL 200.1 and Autotek MM4000.1D sounded way better. I now understand the difference between power

and sound quality. Rockford has cannot keep up when it comes to SQ. This is my 6th power amp from Rockford

and will problably be the last. They all sound like they dodoo. Lot's of power but no SQ. Just wont work for me

I guess its back to Maxxonics.

Do not bother to buy refurbished from Rockford Fosgate, do not buy refurbished period.

My T40001bd blew up after TWO DAYS 2ohms on kicker l7's..

I t literally blew up. smoke and all. Remeber 2ohms with adequate power. Quality control my asssss! It was sounded like dodoo from day one. any way. I kept buying Rockford cuz of power but not getting the big pic.

My American VFL 200.1 and Autotek MM4000.1D sounded way better. I now understand the difference between power

and sound quality. Rockford has cannot keep up when it comes to SQ. This is my 6th power amp from Rockford

and will problably be the last. They all sound like they dodoo. Lot's of power but no SQ. Just wont work for me

I guess its back to Maxxonics.

Thats why it comes with a 90 day warrenty to cover you, since it blew after 2 days you shoulda been strait.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Yeah, but now I have to wait 3 weeks + get it back. It might be worse than before, since all they might do is replace MOSFETS, what about the other parts that might be out of spec?

For $1100 I could have gotten a new amp from kicker, memphis, or maxxonics that sound better and would last longer.

I do not know what I was thinking. Trying be like Steave I guess. I heared MMATS makes one crazy amp called the 3500.1, that has the best of both worlds, does anyone know anything about this amp?

Archived