Second Skin Audio

88-98 Chevy Ext cab box?????

OK, I gotta have some funk in my work truck. So I've got on of those pre-fab forward-firing boxes under the rear seat. BUT, I am on my third set of subs due to crap hittin them, and from the kids kickin em when they gotta ride with me. I've been lookin at the down-fire type boxes to stop this little dilemma. But I know that the sub just "hangin" around all the time isnt good for the motor structure.

I am currently runnin 2 L7 10s, but thinking about steppin up to a couple ??(brand)12s. I want some good, loud bass, but am not sure how having the subs firing at the floor will affect volume. It's bad enough that my front-fire setup is beatin right into the back of the front seats!

So, besides the obvious of not havin the kids in the truck, anybody got any ideas, suggestions, or comments.

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

So, besides the obvious of not havin the kids in the truck, anybody got any ideas, suggestions, or comments.

Well...I had an Idea, and I went for it :D

Photo0819.jpg

Photo0817.jpg

Photo0806.jpg

Photo0816.jpg

Photo0798.jpg

...but i had some q logic boxes awhile ago for 2 10's under the seat. They sucked. my stock speakers had more bass than those subs/boxes.

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

make a box front fire for 4 tens, make custom grills. wont stick out more than about an inch from the front line if the seat vertical. and tell the kids stop kicking

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

hey buddy,

i have the same delima as yourself...i got a 97 silverado ext cab, and need to keep the rear seat due to kids...

my friend built me a box, downward firing sealed enclosure for two Sundown E8's, they are getting about 250-300 watts rms, and they bang...they get low as well.

with that being said, after a year of having this, i'm wanting MORE power...

I'm trying to get a box, same design, but fit the new Sundown SA8's...the woofer depth is the problem i'm running into...if i can get that figured out, i got a Kicker ZX1500 that will feed these subs all the power i'll need!!!

so, if you can get this box figured out, let me know!

my friend built me a box, downward firing sealed enclosure for two Sundown E8's, they are getting about 250-300 watts rms, and they bang...they get low as well.

no probs with the motor staying stretched out all the time??

Edited by UKnoitsMe

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

so tru!! the depth thing is what my prob is as well!! Will def look into the SD 8's. I know there is NO WAY to pull any SPL outta setup like this, so I want them to go L-O-W!! My 10" L7's will rattle anything on the truck. Used a setup CD with sweeps and steady tones, they will pull an honest 18-20Hz @ 400W on my PPI amp. So I am looking for something that will do the same, just not in the way of little feet.