Sonic Electronix

Right now i am build a box for my 2 15" power acoustik that are going to be ran at 20hms to a power acoustik amp. I have had a 6farad capacitor hooked up in all of my previous systems but have done some reading and have come to the conclusion that they dont do anything for the good of my system.

Should i not bother putting it in? Does the capacitor restrict some voltage that could potentially be going to the amp? and by not connecting the capacitor would it possibly make my system louder?

caps can be good or bad depending on system

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

Capacitors discharge all their energy almost instantly. Most people think the capacitor will help when their headlights dim like crazy on the long low notes. (these people are wrong). If your charging system is up to par for your stereo the capacitor is un needed and you will not hear any difference.

But if your charging system is struggling a little, that capacitor is just One More thing that your alternator has to keep charged, so ion that case, its going to be hurting you more than helping.

But They do look cool, So if you just want a big shiny chrome voltage meter in your car, Go head and throw the cap in there.

BIG MONEY CU$TOM$ cc.

'96 Honda Civic Hatchback

Alpine IDA-X200

Alpine Type-R Front components

Alpine Type-R 15 (1542D)

Alpine MRP-P1000D

use a capacitor when you have no voltage drop and you want a faster response time.

meaning if you listen to metal or techno with fast pulsing bass lines then a cap would be good to make every hit (no matter how fast) hit with the same intensity

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

use a capacitor when you have no voltage drop and you want a faster response time.

meaning if you listen to metal or techno with fast pulsing bass lines then a cap would be good to make every hit (no matter how fast) hit with the same intensity

Pretty much how I see it. If the cap is to small it no good at all. For every 1000 watts you want one farad. I usually buy a cap that has way more farad that I actually need. But if you have mass voltage drop I would say buy another batt and use the cap. I think if you already got a big enough cap it's not going to hurt it use it so why not.

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

I wouldn't even bother with it, just get an extra battery, you won't regret it

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

i useto use caps in alot of my earlyer setups but u will be better off with a secondary battery or a good front battery than running a cap

the last time i hooked up my cap it kept running my battery dead in my geo, and i changed the battery n it still did it, so i found another battery like the one up front in my geo n it stopped it from draning

i unno, caps will work with around 1200-1500w at the most but are better suted for smaller setups kinda like in an sq car were they run around 800w to a sub n about 500w to some mids n highs n dont want to run another battery

lets just say its like putting a bandaid on a broken leg

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

im gonna say this and hopefully itll stick

caps and batteries are NOT comparable

there shouldnt be a decision of if one is better than the other. they do not do the same thing

so ill ask Stop Comparing Capacitors to Batteries.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build